A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

8 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
On 16/03/2021 at 20:12, Arch Stanton said:
Phillip Barron, a man from Paisley going to Parkhead to support Celtic v St. Mirren.
p***k.

He's a deid p***k noo though.

Did you know Phillip Barron like? Was that 1981? He'd be about 78 now. I wonder if he went to Love Street in 1986 to see his team win the title... 

They're all bloody Celtic fans! I had to check if it was the Celtic View but it was actually the Gruesome Twosome View aka The Sunday Mail. 

Did they not think any of the readers might've been interested in the St Mirren perspective? No wonder Barron was leaving Paisley to support another team against his home side. If he wasn't clued up on his football and depended on reading bog roll like the Sunday Mail for his information, then he might not have realised there was more than two teams of any relevance in the league. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Did you know Phillip Barron like? Was that 1981? He'd be about 78 now. I wonder if he went to Love Street in 1986 to see his team win the title... 
They're all bloody Celtic fans! I had to check if it was the Celtic View but it was actually the Gruesome Twosome View aka The Sunday Mail. 
Did they not think any of the readers might've been interested in the St Mirren perspective? No wonder Barron was leaving Paisley to support another team against his home side. If he wasn't clued up on his football and depended on reading bog roll like the Sunday Mail for his information, then he might not have realised there was more than two teams of any relevance in the league. 
2017. RIP.

Imagine reading The Sunday Mail.

20 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

2017. RIP.

Imagine reading The Sunday Mail.

Used to be a good paper. As was The Record. I think The Sun dragged all the standards down, imo.

Was searching for clip of the infamous 1963 Scotland v Austria abandoned game but found this instead from 1955. Austria 1 Scotland 5, pitch invasion, handbags and more.  (ETA 1-4 not 1-5)

Edited by Eednud

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

Was searching for clip of the infamous 1963 Scotland v Austria abandoned game but found this instead from 1955. Austria 1 Scotland 5, pitch invasion, handbags and more. 

What a great clip. When the main crowd troubles are going on, you can see a well dressed gent come on to the pitch and kick Gordon Smith (7) and then lay into him with his fists. Incredible.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What a great clip. When the main crowd troubles are going on, you can see a well dressed gent come on to the pitch and kick Gordon Smith (7) and then lay into him with his fists. Incredible.

Amazing stuff.  Almost a year earlier we lost 0-1 in the 1954 World Cup. Quite a change in jersey style.

Edited by Eednud

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Used to be a good paper. As was The Record. I think The Sun dragged all the standards down, imo.

Back in the day (early 90s) Aberdeen was the only area of Scotland that The Sun outsold the Record hence why there was a Daily Record shop on Union Street as they sought to regain the upper hand.

Just now, Junior Pub League said:

Back in the day (early 90s) Aberdeen was the only area of Scotland that The Sun outsold the Record hence why there was a Daily Record shop on Union Street as they sought to regain the upper hand.

By the 90s I think the Record's position of being a "good paper" were well on the way out.