A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

I've mentioned him a few times on several threads, but never by name, but today I will. Alex Hamill, my brother-law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Hamill

While shovelling snow from the front path on Thursday morning, he felt ill and went in the house to tell my sister.  He had chest and neck pain.  My sister took no risk (as he is never sick) and called 999.  The ambulance arrived and the paramedics were in the house assessing him, during this time he had a full blown heart attack, and was hooked up and taken to Edinburgh Hospital (they stay in central Fife).  He would have died if they were not at the scene.  He is a very fit 59 yo, doesn't drink or smoke and runs every day.  All 5 arteries of the heart were blocked, he has heart disease, and never knew.

Today(Monday) he will be entering surgery for a quadruple bypass.  Good luck Alex.

Tottenham

499888112_alextot.png.902cd671b3224b27e8fb70d2f23d34a9.png

Signing for Hearts in 1980 from Tottenham Hotspur Youth

Alex%20Hamill%20signs%20for%20Hearts%201

Playing for Hamilton (Captain)

9tEtcmTwTmIHPW5He420PJU_WlFOTEEprsfbKe49

Forfar Athletic (Captain)

1076.jpg

He also went on to be the assistant manger at Cowdebeath and won promotion, he ended his career at East Fife as player/assistant manger with friend Steve Archibald.

Good luck

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I've mentioned him a few times on several threads, but never by name, but today I will. Alex Hamill, my brother-law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Hamill

While shovelling snow from the front path on Thursday morning, he felt ill and went in the house to tell my sister.  He had chest and neck pain.  My sister took no risk (as he is never sick) and called 999.  The ambulance arrived and the paramedics were in the house assessing him, during this time he had a full blown heart attack, and was hooked up and taken to Edinburgh Hospital (they stay in central Fife).  He would have died if they were not at the scene.  He is a very fit 59 yo, doesn't drink or smoke and runs every day.  All 5 arteries of the heart were blocked, he has heart disease, and never knew.

That is the scary bit - shows that it can happen to anyone.

Good luck to him today.

Today(Monday) he will be entering surgery for a quadruple bypass.  Good luck Alex.
Tottenham
Alex%2520Hamill%2520signs%2520for%2520Hearts%25201980.jpg&key=34c30dcda22452e28fb32635028da1e24b8301ab67309ebcf5a6c715c30f4b18
9tEtcmTwTmIHPW5He420PJU_WlFOTEEprsfbKe49eaDe5ARl0H8_oS6zkcUzt0Adnz7l6ad7CJOs8nZo5xdOW2f9-tIPpC0VtEGYmsw-g65SYZAWoVK2D-z7L4YTWjXEPQvn&key=ae581dccf4009e0c6c129b0ad12ebc21292b89d5c8ad713537377af49a932081
1076.jpg&key=93f4c6c6e620191ef372d83989867825aac34e0a1fa6b580138cb2a79454b476
He also went on to be the assistant manger at Cowdebeath and won promotion, he ended his career at East Fife as player/assistant manger with friend Steve Archibald.

Sorry to hear that and best of luck to him. I have vague memories of him playing for Accies.

10 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Tottenham

1076.jpg

He is your brother and he had undetected heart disease. For your own peace of mind, maybe a wee health check would be a decent idea. 

10 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Tottenham

1076.jpg

Best wishes

29 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

He is your brother and he had undetected heart disease. For your own peace of mind, maybe a wee health check would be a decent idea. 

Presumably a brother in law is not a blood relative,  but health checks are good, my heart attack was a surprise.

29 minutes ago, ropy said:

Presumably a brother in law is not a blood relative,  but health checks are good, my heart attack was a surprise.

You’re right, when I read it I never saw “in-law”. Never mind a health check, it’s an eye sight check I need. And before you ask, the answer is yes, I am a grade one referee. 

1 hour ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

You’re right, when I read it I never saw “in-law”. Never mind a health check, it’s an eye sight check I need. And before you ask, the answer is yes, I am a grade one referee. 

Yes, you are right in a way, his brother and son (my nephew) are now booked for tests.

It's very scary as, he was the fit guy of our family, and gives me a reality check of life, should I be going for more ching & hookers or the 5K vegan runner look.  After a day of crying with my sister, I'm going for the family guy, kids love me while I always thought I'm better than what I've achieved look. 

The two commentators I first remember as a lad, Montford hung up the microphone early 80's to do the studio anchor role for Scotsport to make way for Jock Brown, if I'm correct Arthur Montford lived into his early 90's before he passed away about ten years ago. 

Archie McPherson is still living and only retired about a decade ago, he still pops up now and again in the papers or on telly with some rather odd and bizarre rants about society, he was a very accomplished writer as well...wrote quite a few books on football, his biography of Jock Stein was a brilliant piece of work, he must be about 160 years old now. 

16 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Tottenham

1076.jpg

Fingers crossed, Slippery.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, you are right in a way, his brother and son (my nephew) are now booked for tests.

It's very scary as, he was the fit guy of our family, and gives me a reality check of life, should I be going for more ching & hookers or the 5K vegan runner look.  After a day of crying with my sister, I'm going for the family guy, kids love me while I always thought I'm better than what I've achieved look. 

Well done , Jimmy Stewart rules

20 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 09/02/2021 at 08:36, paulbrucerick said:
The recent Hampden chat got me thinking of my favourite Scotland game.
These two are probably tied. Both games at the old terraced Hampden too.
article-0-0027545300000258-979_468x286.jpg.f72dc80b1965d9c4ba97cb12e54e0698.jpg
Ally-McCoist.thumb.jpg.a21d6986250cd2441966d0f920887e53.jpg

I got one of the soakings of my life at that France game, standing on the open terracing. Was Johnston still playing in France at that point? Think he was.

Yes, that game was in March 1989, so he was a Nantes player at the time.

He joined Celtic two months later, then two months after that, signed for Rangers.

Tottenham
Alex%2520Hamill%2520signs%2520for%2520Hearts%25201980.jpg&key=34c30dcda22452e28fb32635028da1e24b8301ab67309ebcf5a6c715c30f4b18
9tEtcmTwTmIHPW5He420PJU_WlFOTEEprsfbKe49eaDe5ARl0H8_oS6zkcUzt0Adnz7l6ad7CJOs8nZo5xdOW2f9-tIPpC0VtEGYmsw-g65SYZAWoVK2D-z7L4YTWjXEPQvn&key=ae581dccf4009e0c6c129b0ad12ebc21292b89d5c8ad713537377af49a932081
1076.jpg&key=93f4c6c6e620191ef372d83989867825aac34e0a1fa6b580138cb2a79454b476

Good luck

The two commentators I first remember as a lad, Montford hung up the microphone early 80's to do the studio anchor role for Scotsport to make way for Jock Brown, if I'm correct Arthur Montford lived into his early 90's before he passed away about ten years ago. 

Archie McPherson is still living and only retired about a decade ago, he still pops up now and again in the papers or on telly with some rather odd and bizarre rants about society, he was a very accomplished writer as well...wrote quite a few books on football, his biography of Jock Stein was a brilliant piece of work, he must be about 160 years old now. 

IMG_20210215_100836.jpg

13 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Peak Archie 40 years and 1 day ago.

Are you Nick Dasovic? He was certainly born in Vancouver and must still have connections in Perth.

Sally McMoist pre-Sunderland switch.

Unfortunately, I never visited Muriton Park although I'm fairly sure I was outside if it was in the middle of a housing estate . I heard there was a lot of trouble at the cup tie with the Dons in 1988 including an incident with a firework.

I think John Pelosi played in Accies cup win at Snake Mountain in 1987, mentioned earlier in the thread. And he was sued for ending the career of Jim Brown according to Wikipedia! Brown settled out of court.

Edited by Bogbrush1903