A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

19 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic v Dundee United in 1973, mental to think that games on pitches covered in snow regularly went on in that era till, as far as I can recall the 1990's.

The appearance of the famous 'orange ball' on a snow bound pitch always brought out a chorus of comedy booing at Celtic matches 😃

I remember being a steward in the old North Stand perched high above the North Enclosure  in the late 70's for an Old Firm cup game (can't remember if it was semi final or final, league or Scottish Cup - aye, old gits have dodgy memories....).  Anyhow, I do clearly remember it was a pissing wet day so naturally being a complete dipstick I stuck on my cagoule - which of course was royal blue.  To make matters worse I had to wear an orange stewards waistcoat on tip of my blue cagoule - and of course, I was told to show folk to their seats in the Celtic end of the North Stand - brilliant!  Folk were still coming into the ground 15 mins into the game and I was blocking fans views whilst pointing out the seats to the latecomers ....... so naturally I was called every form of blue/orange b*stard under the sun.  Was sure I was going to get turfed over the parapet into the North Enclosure below.  Still, got paid a pound for it. 😏

On 07/01/2021 at 16:05, Drew Brees said:

Morton fans waiting on the bus home after a game, was gonna add they look like they’ve just lost but they prob always look like that. 

2B30063C-CABE-43FE-AB79-941CCBF9DDA2.jpeg

We beat Dunfermline 2-0 that day, 23rd September 1995.

On 07/01/2021 at 16:13, tam the bud said:

Likely it was St Mirren they had just played then  :rolleyes:

No, that was the following week. Won that one 4-1.

On 07/01/2021 at 16:05, Drew Brees said:

Morton fans waiting on the bus home after a game, was gonna add they look like they’ve just lost but they prob always look like that. 

2B30063C-CABE-43FE-AB79-941CCBF9DDA2.jpeg

On 07/01/2021 at 16:13, tam the bud said:

Likely it was St Mirren they had just played then  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Toby said:

We beat Dunfermline 2-0 that day, 23rd September 1995.

No, that was the following week. Won that one 4-1.

Simpsons Hahah GIF - Simpsons Hahah Nelson GIFs

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm assuming many may already know this, but the facade of the building still exists, above the check in desks

5354799_04e36979.jpg

Thanks for posting. I’d almost forgotten what the inside of an airport looked like.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Some, ahem, characters in there. Drug deal getting done behind Bernadette Devlin on the right.

Robert Kelly would number that section you've posted at around five or six. 

I noticed them aswell, also spotted Elvis and Billy Connolly. Bernadette giving me the heeby jeebys though.