A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, Wilson front left.

There must be other 'Quality Street' ones.

Paul Wilson next to Dalglish

Off the top of my head. 😁

Back row. Davie Hay, Aidie Mckellar, Lou McCari, Bobby Wraith, Billy Murdoch (Bobby’s brother), Jackie Clark , George Connolly,Tony McBride, Paul Wilson and Sir Kenny! 

Front.. John Gorman, Pat McMahon, Vic Davidson, John Murray, Jim Clarke, John Hemphill, Tom Livingston Danny McGrain and Freddie Pethard..

Edited by Drew Brees

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Paul Wilson next to Dalgliesh

Off the top of my head. 😁

Back row. Davie Hay, Aidie Mckellar, Lou McCari, Bobby Wraith, Billy Murdoch (Bobby’s brother), Jackie Clark , George Connolly,Tony McBride, Paul Wilson and Sir Kenny! 

Front.. John Gorman, Pat McMahon, Vic Davidson, John Murray, Jim Clarke, John Hemphill, Tom Livingston Danny McGrain and Freddie Pethard..

Ah, I was havering

John Gorman then, the guy who managed Swindon.

Celtic v Dundee United in 1973, mental to think that games on pitches covered in snow regularly went on in that era till, as far as I can recall the 1990's.

The appearance of the famous 'orange ball' on a snow bound pitch always brought out a chorus of comedy booing at Celtic matches 😃

IMG_20210107_212042.jpg

IMG_20210107_212052.jpg

47 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic v Dundee United in 1973, mental to think that games on pitches covered in snow regularly went on in that era till, as far as I can recall the 1990's.

The appearance of the famous 'orange ball' on a snow bound pitch always brought out a chorus of comedy booing at Celtic matches 😃

IMG_20210107_212042.jpg

IMG_20210107_212052.jpg

“It’s a man’s game ffs!”

The appearance of the famous 'orange ball' on a snow bound pitch always brought out a chorus of comedy booing at Celtic matches [emoji2]
IMG_20210107_212042.jpg.ce3b8defb1deb29901cd9d642d4d9b93.jpg
IMG_20210107_212052.jpg.bb6fa0f54936d680517cc22d13ef3443.jpg

I remember a chant of “the balls a fucking Arab” when the orange ba’ appeared at Dens in the 90s :D

17 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

IMG_20210107_212042.jpg

IMG_20210107_212052.jpg

The top photo must have been a penalty, surely.

19 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I remember being a steward in the old North Stand perched high above the North Enclosure  in the late 70's for an Old Firm cup game (can't remember if it was semi final or final, league or Scottish Cup - aye, old gits have dodgy memories....).  Anyhow, I do clearly remember it was a pissing wet day so naturally being a complete dipstick I stuck on my cagoule - which of course was royal blue.  To make matters worse I had to wear an orange stewards waistcoat on tip of my blue cagoule - and of course, I was told to show folk to their seats in the Celtic end of the North Stand - brilliant!  Folk were still coming into the ground 15 mins into the game and I was blocking fans views whilst pointing out the seats to the latecomers ....... so naturally I was called every form of blue/orange b*stard under the sun.  Was sure I was going to get turfed over the parapet into the North Enclosure below.  Still, got paid a pound for it. 😏