A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I remembered Willie Young let a game go ahead at the Excelsior between Airdrie and Raith and the pitch looked liked that!

As long as the centre circle was fine then Willie would be ok.

8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Any reason why? High winds perhaps? 🙄

Those furry lined checked bomber jackets though..... 

Far be it from me to suggest that Dundee is a backwater for haute couture, or anything else, but in Hamilton those garments were tres outre by 1978. 

Hes probably wearing high-waisters tucked into his wellies, the barbarian.

14 hours ago, House Bartender said:

IMAG0570a.thumb.jpg.20c399701992302469f573977d12854b.jpgA wee bit of Scottish Cup fever from a mere 73 years ago. Frank Dunlop led the victorious Aberdeen Team home with the Scottish Cup after defeating Hibs 2-1.

So feverish in fact that one man has a column of steam emitting from the top of his head.

Is it the young Dick Donald realising a win bonus will have to be paid out? 

15 hours ago, House Bartender said:

IMAG0570a.thumb.jpg.20c399701992302469f573977d12854b.jpgA wee bit of Scottish Cup fever from a mere 73 years ago. Frank Dunlop led the victorious Aberdeen Team home with the Scottish Cup after defeating Hibs 2-1.

So feverish in fact that one man has a column of steam emitting from the top of his head.

Boo

Persevere

On 20/10/2020 at 21:58, Arch Stanton said:

He was fucking shite for St. Mirren.

Quite possibly the only player we've ever signed direct from Man Utd for a fee, the story goes that Man U were initially willing to let him go on a free transfer but (apparently) back then a free was seen as a great ignominy and someone, somewhere convinced Saints to pay £5K for him.

His name is an anagram of A Urine.

He was pretty good for Dundee F.C.

On 20/10/2020 at 23:30, Lurkst said:

Watching the episode of Quizball! posted earlier introduced me to a famous Fifer I had no knowledge of, and I'd be surprised if many P&Bers under 55 will have either.

Nottingham Forest centre half Bob McKinlay. The club's leading appearance maker, 614 league games in 18 years including an incredible run of 265 consecutive matches.

HFErj4B.jpg

Unfortunately for him Ian Ure knew more about meteorology though.

Born in the best town in Fife anaw

6 hours ago, CamDeacon said:

Hey there just wondering, has anyone got any images of Killie from around 95-97? I'm doing a project about them and was looking to see if I could find something unique!

Thanks in advance

Are you looking for general images of the team playing that can be found online via an image search or are you after people's own photographs, as in from family photo albums? Don't want that to come across in a condescending way at all Cam, just looking for clarification as I'm sure I'll be able to look into the old photo albums if it's the latter you're after. Since you asked anyway...

Semi-Final-Celebrationsweb.jpg

This is from the Scottish Cup semi-final replay against Dundee United at Easter Road. There's more pics at this link here, best of luck with your project.

3 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Are you looking for general images of the team playing that can be found online via an image search or are you after people's own photographs, as in from family photo albums? Don't want that to come across in a condescending way at all Cam, just looking for clarification as I'm sure I'll be able to look into the old photo albums if it's the latter you're after. Since you asked anyway...

Semi-Final-Celebrationsweb.jpg

This is from the Scottish Cup semi-final replay against Dundee United at Easter Road. There's more pics at this link here, best of luck with your project.

What a night that was.  Up there in my top 5. 

I mind my mum wouldn't let me go to this because I had school the next morning, so I stayed up nervous as hell until my dad got back in and told me the score. That and hearing paper roses playing out of the ibrox tannoy at the final are 2 of my earliest football memories.

On 22/10/2020 at 11:06, paulbrucerick said:

Ayr Fc and Ayr Parkhouse Fc photographed together in 1910, perhaps due to them contesting that years Ayrshire Cup final,. So Ayr United basically!

I hadn't realised that Parkhouse were elected to the league ahead of St Johnstone and lost it to Aberdeen.

FB_IMG_1603221291682.jpg

This was both teams' final game.   Ayr winning 1-0.  So a bit bittersweet. some of these chaps would no longer be first-team players.

Black armbands on some players.  Wonder what that's about.

On 29/10/2020 at 21:00, paul wright scores said:

A very surreal experience, 20 years after my first Killie game, with barely a sniff of silverware in that time. A lot of us felt like Monty at full time...

Monty-Easter-Road-1024x667.jpg

And at that point we thought we would be playing Celtic in the final...