A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 06/10/2020 at 05:30, Academically Deficient said:

Classic profile answers from Kenny. Likes steak, Pele, John Denver, Paul Newman and wants to own a pub. Good solid 8/10 from the lad there.  

Throwing in Robert Culp (me neither) alongside Paul Newman the only surprise answer

Throwing in Robert Culp (me neither) alongside Paul Newman the only surprise answer

In pre-tangerine days he was in a series called “I Spy” and his, eventually culpable, offsider was Bill Cosby. Preferred “The Man From UNCLE” from the same era.

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic beat St Mirren with three second half goals to win the league in 1982 on the last day of the season, a point and four goals ahead of Aberdeen going into the match, Celtic were quite alarmed at being goalless at half time and finding out Aberdeen were four up on Rangers (RIP) at Pittodrie... imagine social media and this forum had been around then for that shenanigans...😂

FB_IMG_1602182078725.jpg

St Mirren let Celtic score what was required to win the league on the final day? 

No way man, you must be mistaken! 

8 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Aye, me neither 😆

Googled him. One of those American actors that was in one episode of every US tv show in the 60s.  Must have made a big impression on Kenny though.

"Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice"?

On 08/10/2020 at 19:54, Flybhoy said:

Celtic beat St Mirren with three second half goals to win the league in 1982 on the last day of the season, a point and four goals ahead of Aberdeen going into the match, Celtic were quite alarmed at being goalless at half time and finding out Aberdeen were four up on Rangers (RIP) at Pittodrie... imagine social media and this forum had been around then for that shenanigans...😂

FB_IMG_1602182078725.jpg

I take it that's a Celtic minded photographer with that number on his back?!

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25th, 2014 - WICK ACADEMY 4-0 LOSSIEMOUTH

Scott Dunn in the red of Lossie mistimes/perfectly times a challenge on a Wick native in a Highland League tie as one-sided as this tackle.  Lossie did end the game with 10 men but the red card wasn't shown for this incident. 

2510201418.JPG.6f27b0af4dd3c9dcaad7a9c346f908b1.JPG

9 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25th, 2014 - WICK ACADEMY 4-0 LOSSIEMOUTH

Scott Dunn in the red of Lossie mistimes/perfectly times a challenge on a Wick native in a Highland League tie as one-sided as this tackle.  Lossie did end the game with 10 men but the red card wasn't shown for this incident. 

2510201418.JPG.6f27b0af4dd3c9dcaad7a9c346f908b1.JPG

Got the ba' ref!

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Victoria Park, Newtongrange in the 1980s. The stock car racing is on. The site is now covered by houses. The Borders Railway runs along the bottom of the picture and the road is the A7.

121256599_381665586572220_5171821705921992547_o.thumb.jpg.cdd720ac1bbfd83a541cc154285c061d.jpg

I think it was in the Star history that the Midlothian Coal Company paid for the stand. They offered the same to Rosewell Rosedale but the miners settled for pithead baths instead.

When they demolished the stand they didn't tell Star u21s it was happening and their records were in the clubrooms when it was demolished. I went up a day or two afterwards and found a shower tap from the dressing rooms in the debris so I took it as a souvenir (Victoria Park was the first Junior ground I visited)

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

IMG_20201016_230346925.thumb.jpg.3cbb39cd1614243000ad52915b853d7d.jpg

I took this photo just before demolition of the stand.

This one of mine has been floating about the internet for years but it’s all I have. With hindsight I would have been snapping away at the football since I got handed a Kodak Instamatic at age 12, especially if you could predict all the changes. When you’re young you kind of assume the world’s always going to stay the same.

37CEBC7C-F82B-481B-991C-B67DC11D0668.thumb.jpeg.6b3df385d6f5a668a06f2cbe9ed158d0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

This one of mine has been floating about the internet for years but it’s all I have. With hindsight I would have been snapping away at the football since I got handed a Kodak Instamatic at age 12, especially if you could predict all the changes. When you’re young you kind of assume the world’s always going to stay the same.

When you're old, you wish it had done.

SATURDAY, JULY 26th, 2014 - LOSSIEMOUTH 3-2 FORT WILLIAM

Chris Ross of Lossiemouth is subbed off with a head wound in a North of Scotland Cup first round tie against Fort at The Bernagow. His team mates ploughed on without him, dancing round the blood-stained pitch to win 3-2 against future Hipsters Choice and Twitter personality Fort William. 

2607201404.thumb.JPG.f4091792e5ffe6f85f11802fa700ee2d.JPG

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

37CEBC7C-F82B-481B-991C-B67DC11D0668.thumb.jpeg.6b3df385d6f5a668a06f2cbe9ed158d0.jpeg

I've got one taken from inside the stand of a Star v Meadowbank friendly in 1988. I'll get round to posting it.... sometime....

GW500H500

The Celtic team on the BBC TV show Quizball in 1970, on their way to winning the series (beating Hearts in the final).

Actor / supporter John Cairney joined the players to complete the side.

Lending their "support" is the Rangers team consisting of John Grieg, songwriter Bill Martin, Jim Baxter and Dave Smith.

Edited by Lurkst