A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Here's the details. Quite the ding-dong with both sides being ahead then behind.

This was the biggest crowd I'd experienced at Love St at that time, only eclipsed by the 1980 cup replay v Celtic.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197709170

ETA here are the goals.

wrong game bud.the op was talking about a 1-1 draw away which was later in the season.

5 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

wrong game bud.the op was talking about a 1-1 draw away which was later in the season.

I think the photo of McGarvey is from Love St.  Look at the video about 30 seconds in, the adverts on the half way line are identical to those in the photo.

8 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

I think the photo of McGarvey is from Love St.  Look at the video about 30 seconds in, the adverts on the half way line are identical to those in the photo.

i think you are correct.flybhoy talking about one game and posting a picture of another. 

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17th, 2010 - WASPS v LOSSIE AFC

James McLaren in the red of Lossie AFC puts some Hawaiian into the air in a Daily Record Cup at West End Park, Alloa. McLaren scored Lossie's consolation in a 6-1 defeat, with the goal coming after Lossie went 4-0 down. 

1710201035.JPG.2c0d42b02adff4432501aad484a0fc3e.JPG

Refreshments were available throughout the first half. 

1710201012.JPG

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 21:08, Lurkst said:
On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 19:30, Academically Deficient said:

Classic profile answers from Kenny. Likes steak, Pele, John Denver, Paul Newman and wants to own a pub. Good solid 8/10 from the lad there.  

Not to mention the standard issue Vauxhall Viva.

I accept he's not Scottish but Frank Worthington set the standard on how the questions should be answered ...

FW FOCUS.jpg

I get the impression she's woken up in the house of a guy she  met the night before and rather than put on the clothes she was wearing at the nightclub, has borrowed one of his shirts.

doG, I miss being young.

Celtic beat St Mirren with three second half goals to win the league in 1982 on the last day of the season, a point and four goals ahead of Aberdeen going into the match, Celtic were quite alarmed at being goalless at half time and finding out Aberdeen were four up on Rangers (RIP) at Pittodrie... imagine social media and this forum had been around then for that shenanigans...😂

FB_IMG_1602182078725.jpg

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic beat St Mirren with three second half goals to win the league in 1982 on the last day of the season, a point and four goals ahead of Aberdeen going into the match, Celtic were quite alarmed at being goalless at half time and finding out Aberdeen were four up on Rangers (RIP) at Pittodrie... imagine social media and this forum had been around then for that shenanigans...😂

FB_IMG_1602182078725.jpg

The halftime announcement that Aberdeen were winning 4-0 followed by the Sandy Row!!! Celtic bus had moved location. And the angry orcs at Bridgeton Cross after the game. The good old days.

On 06/10/2020 at 05:30, Academically Deficient said:

Classic profile answers from Kenny. Likes steak, Pele, John Denver, Paul Newman and wants to own a pub. Good solid 8/10 from the lad there.  

Throwing in Robert Culp (me neither) alongside Paul Newman the only surprise answer