A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Sorry if this is a repeat. Cover of programme from game played on Sunday 24 May 1959 in Wollongong, NSW. A South Coast select lost 7-0 to Hearts. The day before Hearts beat Australia 7-1 in Sydney.
IMG_1601879325.128970.jpg They played 15 games between 9 May and 15 June winning all except for a 3-3 draw with Queensland. They scored 109 goals and let in only 12.

18 hours ago, Lurkst said:

A couple of left wingers engage in heid tennis, sometime in the mid 80s...

Ejfnd52VkAEb-Om?format=jpg&name=small

That's outside the City Mills hotel in Perth. I am sure the Scotland team sometimes stayed there when they used Perthshire as a base before home games. 

a4c2cefa57.jpg

Edited by realmadrid

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Frank McGarvey scores a penalty for St Mirren at Ibrox in 1977, Tony Fitzpatrick looks on with, I think Davie Cooper next to him and Alex Miller also in the picture, unsure of the Rangers player nearest McGarvey?

IMG_20201005_124637.jpg

Kenny Watson I think...

kenny-watson-rangers.jpg

SATURDAY, MAY 11th, 2013 - PARKVALE 4-1 LOSSIEMOUTH UNITED

John Ross of Lossiemouth United pauses to consider some life choices during a mid-game rain shower as United suffer a North region league loss at Findon Park, south of Aberdeen. Neither club is still with us, as Lossie United folded a few years back and Parkvale were folded into Stoneywood to become FC Stoneywood Parkvale. 

110520130601.thumb.JPG.d8c53e26e0d64e56dfd3c561360cbe94.JPG

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

24 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Classic profile answers from Kenny. Likes steak, Pele, John Denver, Paul Newman and wants to own a pub. Good solid 8/10 from the lad there.  

Became one of my favourite Thisle players ever, a sort of John Robertson player without the pace.  

10 minutes ago, Dubai Jag said:

Became one of my favourite Thisle players ever, a sort of John Robertson player without the pace.  

Funnily enough we were chatting at work the other day about players Thistle lost to the OF (Glavin, Mo Johnston etc)  and those they got in the other direction. Kenny Watson was one of the to better ones in the latter category.

There was some hilarity about a guy known as Honey Monster from Celtic but cant remember his name.

2 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Funnily enough we were chatting at work the other day about players Thistle lost to the OF (Glavin, Mo Johnston etc)  and those they got in the other direction. Kenny Watson was one of the to better ones in the latter category.

There was some hilarity about a guy known as Honey Monster from Celtic but cant remember his name.

Only ones I can remember coming from Celtic were Gerry Britton and Murdoch the goalie. ( Later a police officer ) He was a big bloke so might be him.

FTR best old firm singing we made IMO was Alex O' hara, great servant for the club. ( or maybe KW) .

Just thought Dixie Deans did sign for is for about six weeks in late 70s but never heard of him being described as the honey monster.

8 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Frank McGarvey scores a penalty for St Mirren at Ibrox in 1977, Tony Fitzpatrick looks on with, I think Davie Cooper next to him and Alex Miller also in the picture, unsure of the Rangers player nearest McGarvey?

IMG_20201005_124637.jpg

Here's the details. Quite the ding-dong with both sides being ahead then behind.

This was the biggest crowd I'd experienced at Love St at that time, only eclipsed by the 1980 cup replay v Celtic.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197709170

ETA here are the goals.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Classic profile answers from Kenny. Likes steak, Pele, John Denver, Paul Newman and wants to own a pub. Good solid 8/10 from the lad there.  

Not to mention the standard issue Vauxhall Viva.

59 minutes ago, Dubai Jag said:

Only ones I can remember coming from Celtic were Gerry Britton and Murdoch the goalie. ( Later a police officer ) He was a big bloke so might be him.

FTR best old firm singing we made IMO was Alex O' hara, great servant for the club. ( or maybe KW) .

Just thought Dixie Deans did sign for is for about six weeks in late 70s but never heard of him being described as the honey monster.

Could it be Jim Slaven?

Screenshot below of Celtic fans talking about him. Failing that, I'll ask the Thistle fans at work tomorrow.

20201005_211701.jpg

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Here's the details. Quite the ding-dong with both sides being ahead then behind.

This was the biggest crowd I'd experienced at Love St at that time, only eclipsed by the 1980 cup replay v Celtic.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1977&GameID=197709170

ETA here are the goals.

Davie Cooper's first league goal for Rangers according to his wikipedia.