A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 24/08/2020 at 09:36, Academically Deficient said:

Classic 70s answers from hard man Drew Busby.

Likes roast beef (it's usually steak and chips so fair play), Wings and Morecambe & Wise.

Nice kit too.

Hopefully Drew Jarvie answered "Drew Busby" to the best friend question.

Any more of these?

Umbro, Adidas and Admiral kits from the late 70's were the best. None of this patterned spiro infused pish we get today.

11 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

In the same article there was this frankly incredible pairing. It was in The Sun, but I will leave it here without further comment.

20200829_112008.jpg

proof , primary source  etc , etc

Richard Wilson etc

On 27/08/2020 at 12:55, scottmcleanscontacts said:
On 27/08/2020 at 10:45, bluearmyfaction said:
And not many hats.  Go back 20 years and everyone seems to be wearing one.  Funny how these things change almost by stealth.

Aye they certainly do. Old crowd pictures are probably more fascinating than pictures of the game itself. The game is the game is the game but on the terraces and in the stands things change so much over time.

The game has not changed in any way ?!

The game has not changed in any way ?!
Well, do you think it has?

I think you've took my comment too literally.

Formations might have changed. Tactics might have changed. The look of the baw and the boots might have changed.

The actual game? No, of course it hasn't changed.

It's still 11 blokes doing their best to score more goals than the other 11 blokes.

On 28/08/2020 at 11:39, realmadrid said:

Possibly taken for the fan of the day feature in the programme where people won cash if they were the circled fan. Basically just a ploy to get people to buy the programme.

I don't buy that one (pardon the pun).

I remember Rangers experimented with that around 1971, I mean the circles, not the photoshopping, or cutting and pasting as it was then. But if you look at older programmes (Hearts in this case) it doesn't happen. I don't think it's been altered at all btw.

IMAG05661947.thumb.jpg.7a5b764d25c459c3802b22a641e1cdad.jpg

As Hibs and Aberdeen meet up this afternoon, here's an opportunity to look back to the Cup Final of 1947. Hibs 1 Aberdeen 2.

l-r : Taylor, McCall, McKenna, Hamilton, McLaughlin, Williams, Dunlop (with cup), Harris, Waddell.  Interesting to note the longevity of the Taylor/McKenna partnership which persists to this day.