A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

6 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Not to mention preferred alternative career as a publican.

I was struck by the thought after reading that, was he the last former Third Lanark player to play in the Scottish league?

He might've succeeded, it was either him or Columb McKinley that owned a pub in Dumbarton. He was certainly in it enough.

18 hours ago, Ceasar said:

The Gorgie Road end at Tynecastle , Assuming it's a Texaco cup game for obvious reasons !

Tynecastle Texa.jpg

I love that photae.  Jambos or not, smiles (mostly) all round.  I'm guessing Hearts had not long scored - certainly beats w****r hand signs and get it up ye gestures that would be the prevalent in most grounds nowadays.

10 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Interesting responses.

Iain Munro likes Glenda Jackson whereas Tommy is a man after my own heart by going for Victoria Principal (if you want to google her, include "1970s" in the search, it gets a bit scary later on).

Best sense of humour: Robert Prytz claiming to be 11st. And nominating John McLelland in his all-time best eleven.

Victoria you just google Dallas , J.R. , Bobby etc

On 24/08/2020 at 01:54, Ceasar said:

The Gorgie Road end at Tynecastle , Assuming it's a Texaco cup game for obvious reasons !

Tynecastle Texa.jpg

I've never seen that photo before, really nice photo.

On 23/08/2020 at 23:49, tamthebam said:

Never mind Eoin Jess, is that Adrian Sprott on the left? He played for Stenny after leaving Meadowbank.

That is Adrian Sprott, the other Stenhousemuir players are Euan Donaldson, who went to St Johnstone at the end of that season but couldn't get a game due to Callum Davidson emerging as a future Scotland international, and Jimmy Fisher, in the mask.

On 23/08/2020 at 18:54, Ceasar said:

Tynecastle Texa.jpg

I like that even some of the young laddies are wearing ties. If this was 1971, then I went to my first top flight football games not long after that but I don't recall seeing anyone wearing a tie.

Anybody here gone to a football match with a tie on?

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I like that even some of the young laddies are wearing ties. If this was 1971, then I went to my first top flight football games not long after that but I don't recall seeing anyone wearing a tie.

Anybody here gone to a football match with a tie on?

Midweek game; school uniforms and office wear I'm guessing

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

The young fellow above the A (the one after the C) on the advertising board is particularly dapper.

On 24/08/2020 at 01:54, Ceasar said:

Tynecastle Texa.jpg

The lad second down fae the copper in the middle of the photo has just had a premonition of events 49 years in the future

204EB062-4BE2-44EB-BE0F-985107EC473E.jpeg

Edited by A96