A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

^^Well aye,...but only one of them died as a small ginger legend.

We will never see that sort of thing happen ever again in our lifetimes. f**k knows what the guy lining up against the bandy-legged genius that was, and indeed still is, Mr. Lennox must've thought when he saw them running out.

Doesn't really matter who you support....those men were a special team. Fitba itself has changed and we probably won't ever see the likes of Jinky or Bobby playing for a professional team ever again.

I'll get my coat, ...mutter,...mumble,...jackets for goalposts...centre-forwards withoot teeth...wing-half positions...mutter,...mumble...

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

Ash park nearest to Somerset and tennis courts and gardens nearer the town.

20200802_182151.jpg

I can see my primary school in that photo. Right next to Craigie Park, which was was Ayr United's training pitch at the time.

Sir Fergie of Govan has a swig from a bottle of bubbly whilst St Mirren manager, I'm sure some older posters can name the player next to him.

Mental to think St Mirren actually sacked the guy who went on to be the most successful manager of the modern era. 

IMG_20200803_101155.jpg

45 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Speaking of St Mirren I suspect the Paisley side may be the opposition here at Celtic Park in 1979 as Murdo McLeod is wearing green socks. 

IMG_20200807_185055.jpg

Aye probably the only time ever in the history of football Celtic wore green socks were against St mirren 😯

44 minutes ago, wellinwigan said:

Aye probably the only time ever in the history of football Celtic wore green socks were against St mirren 😯

They regularly did then as St Mirren, like Celtic, had a lot of white in their kit, both Morton and Kilmarnock in that era had blue and white hoops so we may have wore the green socks in those home fixtures but unsure if either were in the Premier league that year the picture is from. 

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Sir Fergie of Govan has a swig from a bottle of bubbly whilst St Mirren manager, I'm sure some older posters can name the player next to him.

Mental to think St Mirren actually sacked the guy who went on to be the most successful manager of the modern era. 

IMG_20200803_101155.jpg

Looks like Derek Hyslop, sure a older Buddie would be able to say.

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

IMG_20200803_101155.jpg

My memory was St Mirren wanted to jail him over missing tracksuits.

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

IMG_20200803_101155.jpg

IIRC when he played for Falkirk PT he was a chef somewhere in Glasgow.