A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Unnecessary use of a change strip rips ma knitting. A couple of year ago St.Mirren who at the time had basically white tops and black shorts played Hibs, green tops white shorts. Inexplicably Saints switched to red tops. 
Ehhh hello people, don’t you know that about 10% of guys have a least a bit of red/green colour blindness. 
So it’s not just me, statistically a couple of the players would have an issue distinguishing a teammate from an opponent and It was clear from the ref’s decision making that he was one of the one in ten. 

So if you are reading this, strip decision making guy - get your brain in gear and get it sorted. 

To put this in a contemporary perspective, I find your decision making offensive!

IMG_20191109_150557694.thumb.jpg.7ab1ef2f70bcc3872bac941174fc15b1.jpg

Edinburgh City launched a "heritage" kit last season (which I quite like) but our normal home colours are white and black and away colours yellow and black.

Here are City at home wearing the black and red 3rd kit (which they did for a few games). I think that's Elgin wearing their home kit just to confuse things. 

3 hours ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Unnecessary use of a change strip rips ma knitting. A couple of year ago St.Mirren who at the time had basically white tops and black shorts played Hibs, green tops white shorts. Inexplicably Saints switched to red tops. 
Ehhh hello people, don’t you know that about 10% of guys have a least a bit of red/green colour blindness. 
So it’s not just me, statistically a couple of the players would have an issue distinguishing a teammate from an opponent and It was clear from the ref’s decision making that he was one of the one in ten. 

So if you are reading this, strip decision making guy - get your brain in gear and get it sorted. 

To put this in a contemporary perspective, I find your decision making offensive!

I have a big issue with red and black kits clashing for some reason. I struggle to differentiate from a distance which was a pain in the arse at the 2000 LC Semi when United rocked up in their black away kit. Dons/Hibs had a few games that I've struggled with as well.

19 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Bobby Lennox heads home a goal for Celtic in a 3-2 Scottish Cup win v Kilmarnock at Celtic Park in the Shamrock away kit, back in the days when the home side changed kits in instances of a clash, although Kilmarnock appear to be wearing an all blue kit here?

IMG_20200710_225745.jpg

Is the Celtic player in the middle of the picture wearing a bucket hat?

I do remember,as a former junior club secretary, having a disagreement with the odd referee who wanted the shorts changed as both teams had same colour of shorts. Socks I get - no problem with that and on occasion the socks have been replaced, but shorts? I did point out to the said referee that should he make grade one, would he be telling either of the ugly sisters that one of them had to change? or Hertz or Hibs? Curiously he backed away and said shorts were as laid out in the dressing room prior to inspection.

It did remind me that when it comes to the laws of the game, the match referee is in fact God  (and some of them actually believe the hype.....).

4 hours ago, G51 Red said:

Brilliant strip ...👏👏👏

That is the weirdest photo I have ever seen! Ernie Winchester, Dave Smith, Tommy McMillan, Bobby Clark, ?, Jens Petersen, Billy Little, Harry Melrose, Ally Shewan, Jorgen Ravn  and Jimmy Wilson.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That is the weirdest photo I have ever seen! Ernie Winchester, Dave Smith, Tommy McMillan, Bobby Clark, ?, Jens Petersen, Billy Little, Harry Melrose, Ally Shewan, Jorgen Ravn  and Jimmy Wilson.

John McCormick

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

That’s who it is! The name just wouldn’t come for me. I always thought that if Ravn was there, Leif  Mortensen would be as well. 

That's why I couldn't place Ravn at first. Apparently Eddie Turnbull wanted to keep Jorgen on but he wouldn't stay if Mortensen wasn't kept on too, but Turnbull didn't want Mortensen so they both left.

I always thought Ravn and Ernie Winchester were too similar in playing style for both of them to play at the same time, although they did it often enough.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's why I couldn't place Ravn at first. Apparently Eddie Turnbull wanted to keep Jorgen on but he wouldn't stay if Mortensen wasn't kept on too, but Turnbull didn't want Mortensen so they both left.

I always thought Ravn and Ernie Winchester were too similar in playing style for both of them to play at the same time, although they did it often enough.

I remember the heralded arrival of the three Danes, but don’t really remember any of them playing apart from Jens Petersen as, living out in the country and my dad working on a Saturday, didn’t get to any weekend matches until 1966.

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I remember the heralded arrival of the three Danes, but don’t really remember any of them playing apart from Jens Petersen as, living out in the country and my dad working on a Saturday, didn’t get to any weekend matches until 1966.

Fit like