A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Andy Walker chased down by Kenny Black as Celtic and Hearts scrap it out at Tynecastle in 1988, other players from left to right are Gary Mackay, Mark McGhee, Dave McPherson and Paul McStay, cant make out the player partially obscured by Walker, ex Celt Roddy McDonald maybe?

Edit, zooming in I think it could be another ex Celtic player, Brian Whittaker..a check of the Celtic wiki page reveals McDonald didn't play that day but Whittaker, who died in a crash a decade later did.

Celtic only needed a point to clinch the title but lost 2-1, delaying the party a week where a 3-0 win over Dundee at Celtic Park clinched the first part of the centenary season double.

IMG_20200520_174921.jpg

Might be left back Brian Whittaker? Kenny Black about to foul Walker?  Kenny was one of my favourite Airdrie players but I reserve my judgement on his time as manager.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Lack of understanding

Evans was briefly Morton manager in 2000-01 season when we went into Administration and were relegated to the 2nd Division. He was bagged after we got beat 4-1 at Peterhead in the cup in January, with Ally Maxwell taking the job until the end of the season.

I quite liked him. He came across well any time he spoke to the fans and made some promising signings in Matt Boswell  (goal keeper from England) and a big French midfielder Parfait Medou-Oyte (sp?) but their stays were short lived as we lurched from one crisis to another that season.

He never stood a chance in the Morton job at that time.

50 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I vaguely remember him from the Panini stickers albums, I was born in 1976 so started getting them when I was about 7 or 8, just had no idea he was Scottish. 

Fair doos you would've been young during his brief flirt with the Scotland team (4 caps all in 1982).

5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Scotland 0 England 1, Paul Mariner scored the only goal. 

Left to right, McGrain, Mariner, Jordan, Butcher, Alan Evans, Keegan and Hansen. 

Alan Evans in the picture there is a player I literally have no memory of, did he play his entire career in England?

IMG_20200520_173404.jpg

I was at that game, seem to remember just deciding on the day to go along, presumably on a train, what year was it?

5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Scotland 0 England 1, Paul Mariner scored the only goal. 

Left to right, McGrain, Mariner, Jordan, Butcher, Alan Evans, Keegan and Hansen. 

Alan Evans in the picture there is a player I literally have no memory of, did he play his entire career in England?

IMG_20200520_173404.jpg

Allan Evans formed a great partnership with Ken McNaught (Willie of Raith's son) at Villa. One of several talented Scottish central defenders playing south of the border at that time, including Kenny Burns, Alan Hansen, Gordon McQueen and Martin Buchan. 

25 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

1982 - I had to google it. 

I was there too but don't remember that game at all - I had to watch the video to see how he scored. 

Bit of an era ender, last game v England for McGrain, Dalglish and Jordan. 

10 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Fair doos you would've been young during his brief flirt with the Scotland team (4 caps all in 1982).

He was in the 1982 World Cup Squad too and played in the first game against New Zealand.