A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Does he not shout that for the Jordan/Pejic goal there too?

That's cos it was an England player putting it in 😂
Fair do's though, I never noticed that before. I was at the game but I've never seen those highlights except with the Scottish commentator we got that night who was probably Archie.

Edited by The Mantis

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

That's cos it was an England player putting it in 😂
Fair do's though, I never noticed that before.

:lol: 

The bit of his football commentary I remember best was the cursory "Jordan: One - nil" when we took the lead against Peru.  

Mind you, that probably reflected less on his being English, than on the fact that like most people, he thought it was simply starting off a fairly comfortable cruise to an opening victory.

7 hours ago, Northboy said:

During lockdown I've been watching some of the old football from 70s and 80s being shown by Sky, BT Sport etc. You'll Never Walk Alone seems to be sung during quite a lot of matches involving various teams.

It was. It's only in more recent times that it became uniquely associated with Liverpool down south and Celtic up here. If my memory serves me right Hail,Hail used to be sung by different teams too.

49 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Is the one at the top East End Park?

That had me wondering too. In my time the shelter at the town end was never that small. Also it looks as if the dressing rooms are in the middle.1359203504_Untitled(3)(3).thumb.jpg.3f4fd974aa90a4fa9e7f87ce55933f83.jpg

Edited by The Mantis

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Guesses

1) East End Park

2) Brockville 

3) Celtic Park

4) Hampden Ibrox, presumably v Bayern in 72.

5) Dens Park

6) Tynecastle

7) EEP

8 ) Cappielow

9) Easter Road

10) Cathkin

11) Pittodrie

Edited by The Mantis

It was. It's only in more recent times that it became uniquely associated with Liverpool down south and Celtic up here. If my memory serves me right Hail,Hail used to be sung by different teams too.
I remember once there was a football chants round on an old Question of Sport and they played a bit of "Hail, hail" and John Parrott got it straight away saying it was "the Everton song". I'd only ever heard Celtic associated with it, but apparently it used to be a common song all round the UK and that Everton and Celtic argue about who it "really" belongs to.

Accrington Stanley in 1955/56. The last EFL team to field an all-Scots XI in a league game, a 1-1 draw at Rochdale. Only Sunderland had done it before in the twentieth century (1902) and it hasn’t been done since.

Scots were prominent in Stanley teams of that era.

9D9A984E-3B4D-4521-BBBD-FCBC6C71E7BC.jpeg

1EBDB191-AE99-47C6-8EAB-3128A65A85EC.png

Picture from Springburn from what I imagine is late 60s / early 70s, the lad in the front is in a West Ham shirt, and it's obviously a Scotland shirt behind him, with a Rangers tip behind that. 

Just wondering if anyone knows the other shirts, could just be generic. 

May even be some P&B relatives! 

Screenshot_20200512_222636.jpg

Edited by LondonHMFC

9 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

I can remember the Somerset Road End singing Ynwa in the mid 80's. Co.plete with raised scarves. 

Meadowbank Brake Club used to sing YNWA by raising their arms in the air but keeping their scarves round their necks to take the piss. 

Used to do the same thing with the Hearts "blizzard" to the tune of "Hey Jude". I always thought without scarves we were making wanking gestures at the opposition. Probably were!