A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I seem to remember the drama unfolding on the radio.

8 hours ago, Boring Bob said:
It must have been the radio updates! Hard to believe that the title decider was on at exactly the same time as the Scottish Cup Final. Even harder to believe that there was no radio commentary from Tynecastle, with the state broadcaster having opted to cover the Scottish Cup Final, despite Celtic finishing only eighth in the league and not having won anything for eight years. Sad sign of things to come from the Scottish media!
Delete

It must have been updates! It's a long time ago, you know, even for me.

Ancient Edinburgh football.  Before the delights of Easter Road or Tynecastle.

Scotlands People website is a great site for family history research, but here's a link to some of their image collection dating from the 1820s and 1830s. 

The main image is a receipt for blowing up footballs, and there are other linked images on the right to details of Foot-ball club members and Foot-Ball club expenses.

https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/product/image-library/735

Ancient Edinburgh football.  Before the delights of Easter Road or Tynecastle.
Scotlands People website is a great site for family history research, but here's a link to some of their image collection dating from the 1820s and 1830s. 
The main image is a receipt for blowing up footballs, and there are other linked images on the right to details of Foot-ball club members and Foot-Ball club expenses.
https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/product/image-library/735

the “foot ball club of Edinburgh” predates the existence of rugby football by over a decade and association football by over three decades so it’s unclear quite what sport they were actually playing.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

the “foot ball club of Edinburgh” predates the existence of rugby football by over a decade and association football by over three decades so it’s unclear quite what sport they were actually playing.

...dominoes?

10 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

My favourite player as a youngster

Best striker of a ball I’ve ever seen. Tommy used to score regularly direct from corners. I’d loved to have seen what he could have done with a lighter modern ball.