A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Remember going to that, if my memory serves me right it was arranged as a sweater for being papped out the cup by Dumbarton I think. Some crowd for a friendly.

St Mirren V Arsenal 15th February 1981. Back in the day when I’d some times take my camera along to a game.

IMG_0015.thumb.jpg.9df57f4a0fb647f677a00869f1a791ff.jpg
IMG_0016.thumb.jpg.94e89c627f3fb4b4bc2e51510fc62296.jpg
IMG_0017.thumb.jpg.6ff15e096e341657638cd2f131a17f6d.jpg
IMG_0018.thumb.jpg.15ec9fb4781b1e69c385ef2993befd13.jpg
IMG_0021.thumb.jpg.b1280ff497b77d72ce3793a0c10cc1b2.jpg
IMG_0023.thumb.jpg.e3e3fd25db0290d4f62da87a08770958.jpg
IMG_0024.thumb.jpg.06d01b060847b548627b5c916af6e2a6.jpg

11 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Billy Bremner visits his old high school, St Modans in Stirling in the mid 1970's. 

Also my old school as well by the way...

FB_IMG_1586250232311.jpg

A young Big Mags in the front there.

On 06/04/2020 at 19:13, Sergeant Wilson said:

That was then, this is now.

Hello, is that Arsenal, it's St Mirren here. We're out the cup, do you fancy a friendly?

Saint what?

Now Arsenal would be away on a warm weather camp in Spain as a reward for the under 23's going out to Reading and preparing for a Super Sunday clash with a retirement village from the south of England.

On 06/04/2020 at 19:08, Billy Jean King said:

Remember going to that, if my memory serves me right it was arranged as a sweater for being papped out the cup by Dumbarton I think. Some crowd for a friendly.

it was a brilliant game.saints and arsenal both got knocked out the cup in the third round,dumbarton putting us out and everton  dumping the gunners.great atmosphere with quite a few away fans.the game was played for the provan jewellers challenge cup,a trophy that still takes pride of place in the arsenal trophy room today. 🏆

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Ball boys with orange tracksuits (in tribute to the Dutch players who would be signed in future years).

Okay - so it's a nod to something they identify themselves with. It was maybe  becoming a bit childish and irrelevant and out of place by the 1980s. But do we  snigger at the idea of Celtic identifying with green? (and up to the 1970s very often green white and yellow flags were common place)

56 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Okay - so it's a nod to something they identify themselves with. It was maybe  becoming a bit childish and irrelevant and out of place by the 1980s. But do we  snigger at the idea of Celtic identifying with green? (and up to the 1970s very often green white and yellow flags were common place)

I shake my head when I see Hearts fans mimicking (now) Sevco fans. Amused by you mentioning Celtic 'identifying' with green, and wondering about the green, white and yellow flags you reference.

But no need to respond, this is a thread about old photographs, not outdated beliefs.

25 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I shake my head when I see Hearts fans mimicking (now) Sevco fans. Amused by you mentioning Celtic 'identifying' with green, and wondering about the green, white and yellow flags you reference.

But no need to respond, this is a thread about old photographs, not outdated beliefs.

There's fck all wrong with the photo. It was your petty wee point-scoring point I was having a dig at. Older Celtic fans will themselves remember green, white and gold/yellow flags at football matches. It was the mirror image of the orange trackies you were sniggering at.

btw - you must be a wee bit ashamed that your team repudiated their own identity in the 1920s in pursuit of a few more clicks of the turnstyles.

There's fck all wrong with the photo. It was your petty wee point-scoring point I was having a dig at. Older Celtic fans will themselves remember green, white and gold/yellow flags at football matches. It was the mirror image of the orange trackies you were sniggering at.
btw - you must be a wee bit ashamed that your team repudiated their own identity in the 1920s in pursuit of a few more clicks of the turnstyles.

Probably best to stop digging.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Pet, I gave the photograph a 'greenie' over three hours ago, it's very good. You didn't.

I was ridiculing the Govan administration, you've analysed that as 'petty wee point-scoring', as is your right. 

But I'll disagree about the mirror image nonsense: you say Celtic supporters took what you originally called green, white and yellow flags to games, while the old and new Rangers club dress up young people, in the case of the photograph from around forty years ago, because a sectarian organisation is, to quote you, 'something they identify with'. I think that's wrong, you think it's ok.

Finally, your 'btw' addition is well wide of fact. If you want to continue, there's the PM facility.

This is an old photograph thred.