A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a chance I would have stepped foot in the boxes on top of that stand! They look flimsy as f**k and that could collapse at any time! And that angle!

Always looked ready to slide off the roof.

Although it was said even in a 100,000 crowd, from the press box you could hear the players shouting on the pitch. 

ltor-tommy-docherty-kenny-dalglish-and-a

Kenny Dalglish after his testimonial at Hampden in 1986, with opposing managers for the day. Tommy Docherty bossed the Anglo-Scots, Alex Ferguson the Scottish league select. 

Can't remember the score but Kenny got the biggest cheer of the day when he scored an own goal from the penalty spot!

57 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

ltor-tommy-docherty-kenny-dalglish-and-a

Kenny Dalglish after his testimonial at Hampden in 1986, with opposing managers for the day. Tommy Docherty bossed the Anglo-Scots, Alex Ferguson the Scottish league select. 

Can't remember the score but Kenny got the biggest cheer of the day when he scored an own goal from the penalty spot!

I was at that game - I think Docherty's side won 5-2.

8 hours ago, Brockers61 said:

First known photograph of Fergie in a Falkirk shirt.

image3.JPG

Stuart Rennie was Edinburgh City manager in the late 80s and came back as assistant 2000-2003. His laddie played for City at the same time.

His nickname at the time was "Basil" after Basil Fawlty..

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a chance I would have stepped foot in the boxes on top of that stand! They look flimsy as f**k and that could collapse at any time! And that angle!

My old man was a journalist and he said you always felt like you were going to tip forward onto the pitch.

There is an exhibit in the Hampden museum of it. I dont know if it is a reconstruction or part of the original press box though.

19 hours ago, Brockers61 said:

2-1 defeat for Falkirk at Ibrox in season 1968/69. Didn't realise Sandy Jardine had played at centre forward for part of his career.

image5.JPG

Think Davie White tried him at centre for about 10 games that year before he became a right-back under Willie Waddell.

His debut was actually at right half, the week after Berwick when Scott Symon made wholesale changes- Forrest and McLean never played for the club again -  and they beat Hearts 5-1. 

40 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

My old man was a journalist and he said you always felt like you were going to tip forward onto the pitch.

There is an exhibit in the Hampden museum of it. I dont know if it is a reconstruction or part of the original press box though.

The Ibrox press box was almost as bad. I was in it as a young lad as part of a tour.

old_ibrox_main_stand.jpg.9c1b56078a07453944ab44eed492e1d3.jpg

On 19/10/2019 at 00:30, Eednud said:

More like Raith Rovers as they played in that style kit during the 60's and possibly early 70's.

Is it not Dundee United, they played in Black & White in the 60's ?