A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

22 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Kenny Dalglish smashes in a goal against Hearts, the Jambos wearing their 'Ajax' style kit, in 1972.

Dixie Deans is the other Celtic player in the picture, hoping some older posters can name the Hearts players?

IMG_20200121_190941.jpg

Boy with his arm in the air might be Ian Sneddon, while the blurry guy to his left, our right, looks a bit like Eddie Thomson who went on the manage Australia in later years. Hearts fans will have a better idea.

I'm sure it's Ian Sneddon. Was married to a girl who worked with my mum at Diamond Power in Dumbarton. He was also involved in some kind of non footballing headlines involving his trousers.

Boy with his arm in the air might be Ian Sneddon, while the blurry guy to his left, our right, looks a bit like Eddie Thomson who went on the manage Australia in later years. Hearts fans will have a better idea.

On 16/01/2020 at 15:37, A96 said:

Aberdeen were two points behind Celtic and had a goal difference six worse than a Celtic going into our last game which was at home against the Hvns.   We blitzed them in the first half and were 4-nil up at half time.  Despite the news that Celtic were drawing nil-nil at half time , I can remember the general feeling that there was really no chance of St Mirren beating them.

Instead the game against the Hvns was seen more as a dress-rehearsal and confidence booster for the Scottish Cup Final seven days later. When we scored four against them again.

In the league we’d gone on an incredible run , losing only once in the last 16 games and winning the rest.  Dons fans of a certain age will probably be able to guess which team were the only ones to beat us in that run.

Greenock based c***s.

Kenny Dalglish smashes in a goal against Hearts, the Jambos wearing their 'Ajax' style kit, in 1972.
Dixie Deans is the other Celtic player in the picture, hoping some older posters can name the Hearts players?
IMG_20200121_190941.thumb.jpg.f5c91c99d7cf47de8d72c128a2ebf0fd.jpg

It must be this game

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/197211181.html

Hearts took the lead twice before losing 4-2

On 20/01/2020 at 21:51, Dundee Hibernian said:

Shotts Bon Accord v Pumpherston the 1958 Junior Cup Final, 33,000 crowd at Hampden.

Bon Accord v Pumpherston JCF 58.jpg

Looks about 33,000 in that picture alone.

15 hours ago, House Bartender said:

Scotland behind barbed wire.

A football team representing Scotland in Lamsdorf Prisoner or War Camp during WWII. (Camp 344 - an unlikely but attacking formation if ever I saw one).

I've no idea if any of the team were 'real' footballers in uniform.

Great pic and interesting to see how well kitted out they are. Would this have been something they rustled up themselves (those POWs were notoriously resourceful)  or perhaps received in some kind of aid package?

Guy second from the right in the middle row is Rick Mayall as Flasheart in Blackadder - oops, wrong war.

15 hours ago, House Bartender said:

Scotland behind barbed wire.

A football team representing Scotland in Lamsdorf Prisoner or War Camp during WWII. (Camp 344 - an unlikely but attacking formation if ever I saw one).

I've no idea if any of the team were 'real' footballers in uniform.

344 h.jpg

Back row left is Paul Newman, middle row 2nd from left is Yogi Hughes, and the manager third from the right at the front is Walter Smith.

In all seriousness though, that's an astounding picture. The pride in those those lads is unmistakable.