A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

14 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

There were always a whole pile of disabled cars at matches particularly old firm games. Where do all these spectators go now?

At Kilmarnock, the bit at the  away end is called the Rangers dancing section.

Unfortunately, given the clip above, Hibs became the first senior side in Scotland, maybe the UK, to have sponsors (Bukta) on the front of their jerseys just a few years after that Drybrough Cup Final. TV companies didn't want them wearing it when their games were on the box, so they had to use an alternative purple jersey. Think it had white sleeves with a yellow stripe down them.
Only found the shirt which includes the sponsor's name.
The Bukta logo was reduced in size for televised matches. 1494407828-hibernian-1977-1980-bukta-away-retr.jpg

TV companies had a serious bee in their bonnet about shirt sponsors when it first came about, I remember reading how Liverpool had to put white tape over the kit logo on their shirts (the small logo next to the badge) before the 1981 European Cup Final v Real Madrid in Paris as most of the state broadcasters throughout Europe wouldn't be allowed to televise the match, I vaguely remember some similar excuse as to why Celtic's two matches v Ajax in 1982 couldn't be shown by the BBC as Ajax had a big sponsors logo on their shirts. 

On 11/01/2020 at 09:51, Drew Brees said:

Wee blue cars at the games. emoji4.png

IMG_8274.jpgIMG_8275.jpgIMG_8276.jpgIMG_8277.jpg

I am old enough to remember these cars at matches when we used to play at Ibrox and Celtic Park and perhaps Hampden, but can’t remember seeing them at any other time at all in the streets. Was this just a West Coast thing, or I was I just walking about with my eyes closed in my teenage years?

33 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I am old enough to remember these cars at matches when we used to play at Ibrox and Celtic Park and perhaps Hampden, but can’t remember seeing them at any other time at all in the streets. Was this just a West Coast thing, or I was I just walking about with my eyes closed in my teenage years?

There was one parked in the South Edinburgh scheme down the road from me when I was young.

Disability campaigners had them abolished as I believe the cars were a bit dangerous. People now drive specially adapted cars with hand controls that at first glance you wouldn't think were any different from any other car.

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

It's Sons legend Lawrie Williams. I will never forget his extra-time penalty save (and also the subsequent rebound) from Willie Wallace in the 1970 League Cup semi-final at Hampden. The replay, which also went to extra time, is possibly my favourite ever game watching Sons.

A young Murdo McLeod at Boghead in his Dumbarton days, I'm sure some older posters on here can name the goalkeeper next to him in the picture. 
IMG_20200112_103755.thumb.jpg.52cf227586aa24f6320bb23f95f23dd6.jpg

17 hours ago, andrewh said:

I was unaware of that, thanks.

I dislike buying shirts now but I’d love to be able to get some of those old ones for whatever club. I had the Hearts top with the one wide vertical maroon band, an Airdrie diamond top, Borussia Monchengladbach, Norwich, Partick and some others.

Buy a Motherwell top

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

I checked. Is there really no sponsor?
I’d be tempted as a kind of protest and wear it to St Johnstone games :)

There is a sponsor but it doesn’t appear on the strip, there is minor sponsorship on the back, don’t know if it features on replicas.  Home and away strips look good this year.

22 hours ago, The Nightfly said:

Match programme for Clydebank v Rangers 12 April 1986. The Bankies first and only victory over Rangers. 2-1. I believe Souness had agreed to take the Rangers manager's job, but the team had been picked by Alex Totten.924.jpg

A teenage Andy Walker shielding the ball from the Clydebank player whose name escapes me, the name Brian Maher springs to mind but probably wrong. 

22 hours ago, The Nightfly said:

Match programme for Clydebank v Rangers 12 April 1986. The Bankies first and only victory over Rangers. 2-1. I believe Souness had agreed to take the Rangers manager's job, but the team had been picked by Alex Totten.924.jpg

A match sponsored by beaver?

4BCB43E7-F9B6-4638-A9AD-19D5C1443E46.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

QPFC clock installed to mark their centenary.

QPFC clock in 1968.jpg

The clock is part of the Hampden museum's collection these days and was last on public display in 2017 when there was an exhibit for QP's 150th birthday. It's seriously heavy! At the top of the picture you can just make out the bottom half of an old QP badge engraved in sandstone - when the old main stand came down the saved that and put it into the wall at Lesser Hampden outside the pavilion. Still looks good.