A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

I assumed, like me, everyone knew that connection. I had no idea about the one I referenced, and thought it was Interesting how similar they look. I do apologise.

Fair enough

incidentally April this year sees the 50th Anniversary of “The revolution will not be televised”

48 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Eamonn Bannon, with hair, converting a penalty for Hearts at Cappielow in 1978. Morton won the game 4-1, and the overall League Cup tie 7-2 on aggregate.

Eamonn Bannon 1978 Cappielow.jpg

Some crowd

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Some crowd

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It does look substantial, yet the London Hearts page lists it as between 5-6000.

They must all be in the photo...

Someone remind me I need to post a pic of an RMS Queen Elizabeth menu my dad had from his time as an engineer on said ship.
It’s signed by a Celtic squad going either to or from the US.
Think it has Fallon’s autograph on there and I would suspect late 1950s?
Not at home tonight or I’d do it now

Someone remind me I need to post a pic of an RMS Queen Elizabeth menu my dad had from his time as an engineer on said ship.
It’s signed by a Celtic squad going either to or from the US.
Think it has Fallon’s autograph on there and I would suspect late 1950s?
Not at home tonight or I’d do it now

IMG_8263.jpg

On 09/01/2020 at 22:40, Drew Brees said:

IMG_8263.jpg

Great pic that , Fallon , McGrory , Collins , Tully , Fernie etc Even Kelly and Des White smiling ?

When the Beeb used to cover the Daily Express 5s from Wembley Arena 68/69/70 , I remember Charlie Tully played for the Celtic Old Crocks , and still had it , died soon after sadly !

There were always a whole pile of disabled cars at matches particularly old firm games. Where do all these spectators go now?
Some of them can probably sit in the stand now that we mainly have all-seater stadia and others will be in the disabled sections which I think every stadium in the SPFL has.

5 hours ago, andrewh said:

Great clip. Takes me back to my childhood.
None of those horrible ugly sponsors’ logos.
Nostalgic. Hate what modern football has turned into.

Unfortunately, given the clip above, Hibs became the first senior side in Scotland, maybe the UK, to have sponsors (Bukta) on the front of their jerseys just a few years after that Drybrough Cup Final. TV companies didn't want them wearing it when their games were on the box, so they had to use an alternative purple jersey. Think it had white sleeves with a yellow stripe down them.

Unfortunately, given the clip above, Hibs became the first senior side in Scotland, maybe the UK, to have sponsors (Bukta) on the front of their jerseys just a few years after that Drybrough Cup Final. TV companies didn't want them wearing it when their games were on the box, so they had to use an alternative purple jersey. Think it had white sleeves with a yellow stripe down them.

I was unaware of that, thanks.

I dislike buying shirts now but I’d love to be able to get some of those old ones for whatever club. I had the Hearts top with the one wide vertical maroon band, an Airdrie diamond top, Borussia Monchengladbach, Norwich, Partick and some others.