A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:33, Monkey Tennis said:
On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 12:46, Raidernation said:

That was a fantastic Dundee strip.

Yes, the same Admiral design worn by Wales and Coventry, whose away strip was brown.

Agree it was a great kit, one of the classic kits if my youth, but it looked ridiculous in track suit form. This pic is of Man Utd players (Brian Greenhoff, Steve Coppell?) but I'm sure they never had a strip in this format. Apart from Dundee, Coventry and Wales does anyone recall other teams who wore this kit.

man-utd-tracksuits.jpg

Edited by Northboy
spelling

1 hour ago, Northboy said:

Agree it was a great kit, one of the classic kits if my youth, but it looked ridiculous in track suit form. This pic is of Man Utd players (Brian Greenhoff, Steve Coppell?) but I'm sure they never had a strip in this format. Apart from Dundee, Coventry and Wales does anyone recall other teams who wore this kit.

https://museumofjerseys.com/2019/12/15/templates-of-worship-no-2-admiral-tramlines/

East Fife, apparently (but not the shorts). NASL teams and Saudi Arabia too.

Belgium had a slight variant

Image result for belgium maradona

Edited by Arch Stanton

43 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Eat Fife, apparently (but not the shorts). NASL teams and Saudi Arabia too.

Belgium had a slight variant

Interesting point about East Fife because I remember the shorts, like the tracksuit, looked ridiculous without the shirt - they had to be matched to get the full effect.

From memory the classic version was late 70s/early 80s and it was in it's last throes when Belgium wore this version in 1982 - slightly different with the Admiral logo in the tram  line but didn't look as good.

5 hours ago, Northboy said:

man-utd-tracksuits.jpg

That tracksuit wouldn't look out of place in F1 as outfits for Ferrari! Definitely hasn't aged as well as the strips have. 

27 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

That tracksuit wouldn't look out of place in F1 as outfits for Ferrari! Definitely hasn't aged as well as the strips have. 

Wouldn't look out of place in one of those Nick Love football hooligan films set in the 80's....

All the top boys heading up north on the train kitted out like that for a bit of 'ag 👊👊👊

On 07/01/2020 at 02:46, scotfree said:

Erich Schaedler in his Dundee days. I still remember the night his death was reported on Radio Forth. ☹️

The book 'Shades - The Short Life and Tragic Death of Erich Schaedler' by Colin Leslie is well worth a read.

73024304_2447694201944963_1101033656811520000_n.jpg.1d519807be4c8b45a91df8feac04f957.jpg

Horrendous strip.  Pretty sure they wore it when they beat us 2-1 in the Scottish Cup at Pittodrie in 1977.  Their late winner was down to a mistake by Willie Miller. I think he was short with a pass-back and for the rest of the game he was booed or jeered by many Dons fans whenever he touched the ball. Eventually Willie reacted by turning to the Beach End and doing a “we’re not worthy” gesture.   Which of course served only to ramp up the booing.

You'd have got good odds on him being voted the Greatest Dons Player of all time that night

Edited by A96

On 02/01/2020 at 14:41, Flybhoy said:

Full time at the 1965 Scottish Cup Final as Celtic beat Dunfermline 3-2, Sean Fallon leaps from the dugout, Neil Mochan behind him.

IMG_20200102_213944.jpg

PC McCabe appears to be disposing of a gristly mouthful of scotch pie behind the dugout there.

On 08/01/2020 at 15:24, Northboy said:

As @Arch Stanton writes, Belgium used Admiral for a time. I've still got the change jersey stored away, it was dye-sublimated rather than displaying any embroidery. 

extra_football_shirt_31901_1.jpg

With all due respect to the Mallan family

You’ve got Gil Scott-Heron’s dad in the picture and you lead with the Hibs midfielder grandson angle?

WTF

I assumed, like me, everyone knew that connection. I had no idea about the one I referenced, and thought it was Interesting how similar they look. I do apologise.