A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, The Nightfly said:

They were up 1-0 at half time through a Les Barr penalty. Livingstone also hit the post before Rangers came good in the second half.

Thanks, I was fairly sure they were up at half time. Rangers also signed Kenny Watson from Montrose shortly after that game.

Frank McGarvey chasing down a ball against the magnificently named Hungarian side Diosgyoeri Miskolc in a 6-0 home win in the 1980 Cup Winners Cup, the 2-1 second leg defeat mattered not, bizarrely after such a complete fisting they had actually beaten Anderlecht the round before and knocked Dundee United put of the UEFA Cup the season before. 

IMG_20200106_205916.jpg

Eoin Jess fires a cross over against Torino at Pittodrie in 1993 on a night when the home side were in their change kit, as was the case in the first leg where the Dons were 2-0 in front before going down 3-2, they lost 2-1 in this, the second leg for a 5-3 overall defeat. 

1993__rdax_1920x1080_80.jpg

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Eoin Jess fires a cross over against Torino at Pittodrie in 1993 on a night when the home side were in their change kit, as was the case in the first leg where the Dons were 2-0 in front before going down 3-2, they lost 2-1 in this, the second leg for a 5-3 overall defeat. 

1993__rdax_1920x1080_80.jpg

Great photo of the majestic Eoin Jess. Lee Richardson put us ahead on the night at Pittodrie with a memorable 30 yard screamer.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Great photo of the majestic Eoin Jess. Lee Richardson put us ahead on the night at Pittodrie with a memorable 30 yard screamer.

Lee Richardson was a cracking player, prone to a bit of a heads gone at times as well though if memory serves me correctly. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Lee Richardson was a cracking player, prone to a bit of a heads gone at times as well though if memory serves me correctly. 

Well “heads gone” inasmuch as he didn’t get away with what Old Firm players got away with in those days. Absolutely fantastic midfielder.

15 hours ago, scotfree said:

Erich Schaedler in his Dundee days. I still remember the night his death was reported on Radio Forth. ☹️

The book 'Shades - The Short Life and Tragic Death of Erich Schaedler' by Colin Leslie is well worth a read.

73024304_2447694201944963_1101033656811520000_n.jpg.1d519807be4c8b45a91df8feac04f957.jpg

He scored an amazing goal for Hibs against us at Firhill in the cup early 70s. I still remember it.