A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

I know it's mentioned a lot but f**k me, people looked so old in those days.

Your man to right of the 'keepers and the guy at very far left of the middle row look like they're in their 50's.

My daughter saw that pic and asked if they’re all dead now.

I didn't initially recognize a non-round and hirsute Aly McCoist (back row, far right, if your memory is as hazy as mine).

Also from a bit of digging, the bald moustachioed guy beside the keepers is John Weir, ~30 years old at the time!

16 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Saints fans, who’s the guy in the tracksuit, left end of the middle row?

2nd team coach Dennis Lawson, apparently.

Full time at the 1965 Scottish Cup Final as Celtic beat Dunfermline 3-2, Sean Fallon leaps from the dugout, Neil Mochan behind him.
IMG_20200102_213944.thumb.jpg.58a14c8e0096152605c069d189a55b19.jpg

Why does the wee window have an opening bit when the whole dugout is open to the elements. Very bizarre.
Great pic btw, everybody’s immaculately dressed.

12 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

The King of the Dynamo, Bobby Livingstone, scoring against Hearts in 1970. Hearts equalised in this cup tie in the last minute and won the replay.

Montrose player Livingstone heads a goal against Hearts 1970.jpg

Took a wee while to work this out before I remembered it was Montrose who took Hearts close (Did they not beat Hearts or Hibs back around then, in the League Cup). That terrace must be where the main stand is now. The big tenement block must have been demolished. Nosed around Links Park once as a wee laddie on holiday but never got inside.

They beat Hibs at Links Park in 1975. Came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. They then got to the League Cup semi final but lost 5-1 or so to Rangers. Might have scored first in that one, maybe even leading at half-time?

Took a wee while to work this out before I remembered it was Montrose who took Hearts close (Did they not beat Hearts or Hibs back around then, in the League Cup). That terrace must be where the main stand is now. The big tenement block must have been demolished. Nosed around Links Park once as a wee laddie on holiday but never got inside.

5 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I think you are right: from memory the main stand was on the north side of the ground at the time. The big building in the background was part of a malt house.

They beat Hibs at Links Park in 1975. Came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. They then got to the League Cup semi final but lost 5-1 or so to Rangers. Might have scored first in that one, maybe even leading at half-time?

They were up 1-0 at half time through a Les Barr penalty. Livingstone also hit the post before Rangers came good in the second half.