A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

29 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

140 year old team picture: sitting to the left of the goalkeeper, the lad looks like a giant. Or a midget if he's standing.

I believe it's a Falkirk team group from that era.

1879.JPG

Any relation @Bairnardo? 🤔

The finest photograph in the history of Scottish football. Ian McCall strides across the pitch to applaud the travelling support after a 1-1 draw between St Mirren and Ayr United at St Mirren Park. So much to unpack here...

- The ruffian mother balancing her toddler in one hand and flipping McCall off with the other.

- Humpty Dumpty guffawing in McCall's direction, gently caressing his gut.

- Ross Kemp suffering a Head's Gone and performing a 'Hawd Me Back' routine with the advertising board.

- Ryan Stevenson balancing his own toddler on his forearm like a waiter in order to remind McCall that the game finished in a 1-1 draw.

jeezo.jpg.9a2108e38356fdc5b7914cae908bdbfb.jpg

The finest photograph in the history of Scottish football. Ian McCall strides across the pitch to applaud the travelling support after a 1-1 draw between St Mirren and Ayr United at St Mirren Park. So much to unpack here...
- The ruffian mother balancing her toddler in one hand and flipping McCall off with the other.
- Ross Kemp suffering a Head's Gone and performing a 'Hawd Me Back' routine with the advertising board.
- Ryan Stevenson balancing his own toddler on his forearm like a waiter in order to remind McCall that the game finished in a 1-1 draw.
jeezo.jpg.9a2108e38356fdc5b7914cae908bdbfb.jpg&key=6c7af58842a1987b447c2a85ef319f2a64814e79cf97bd8dbfe6ad5eaae87073
Remind me, what was the St Mirren fans beef with McCall?

On 22 November 2019 at 08:12, Sergeant Wilson said:

You seen Connaghan play?

I was at the Airdrie v Celtic game when he attempted to throw the ball out, but threw it over his own shoulder in to the net.

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-keeper-denis-connaghans-incredible-own-goal/

He now delivers prescriptions which i found worrying.

3 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Isn't there a SM poster from on here, on there?

@djchapsticks rings a bell.

2 hours ago, The Nightfly said:

It was £3 per ticket for Nelson's testimonial. League matches were £4.50 by 1986, so O'Leary's match was probably around that per ticket.

My mistake, I thought the ticket referred to David O'Leary's testimonial.

8 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

A glum looking Stuart Cosgrove realising he's gone to see the wrong Saints on the left and Vladimir Putin next to red anorak man. 

Stuart Rafferty and Jim Smith are the two supporting characters.

Dundee derby action from Dens Park in the 1980's. 
Eamonn Bannon closes down Bomber Broon while Jim Duffy looks on, the name of the Dundee player with the moustache behind Brown escapes me but, an educated guess is it Vince Mennie?
FB_IMG_1575699612269.thumb.jpg.1d0ddb3dda31b30049727cc271b7989b.jpg

Dundee derby action from Dens Park in the 1980's. 
Eamonn Bannon closes down Bomber Broon while Jim Duffy looks on, the name of the Dundee player with the moustache behind Brown escapes me but, an educated guess is it Vince Mennie?
FB_IMG_1575699612269.thumb.jpg.1d0ddb3dda31b30049727cc271b7989b.jpg
That looks a bit like Tynecastle to me, pillars painted maroon etc. They played each other there in a semi in 1987.