A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Celtic 3 Hibernian 0, 2001 Scottish Cup Final, both sides in their away strips on a baking hot day as Martin O'Neill's first season at Celtic ends with a treble, Henrik Larsson with a free kick which was unsuccessful here but he managed two goals anyway to add to the opener from Jackie McNamara. 

FB_IMG_1574012146061.jpg

Still have that away shirt! One of our best. 

1 hour ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I don’t think the modern football fan can truly understand the experience of being in those type crowds. The only comparison being a rock concert mosh pit.

I agree. Sadly the 'Limbs' experience of 30 seconds bouncing around like a whirling dervish, bouncing off all and sundry and ending up about 20 feet from where you were are consigned to history.

The last one I really remember being in was, ironically, Williams equaliser in stoppage time against Killie. Maybe I'm just too old now, but it doesn't seem to happen as much.

12 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

It is a great sight indeed.

Recognise Ian St John, Denis Law and I think Bobby Charlton.  No idea who the other England players are though

England goalkeeper could be Ron Springett who was regular choice before Gordon Banks.

2 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

I agree. Sadly the 'Limbs' experience of 30 seconds bouncing around like a whirling dervish, bouncing off all and sundry and ending up about 20 feet from where you were are consigned to history.

The last one I really remember being in was, ironically, Williams equaliser in stoppage time against Killie. Maybe I'm just too old now, but it doesn't seem to happen as much.

Fast forward to 2 mins 55 secs

1 mins 49 sec

1 min 35 sec

You still get the odd cracking celebration these days!

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Simon Stainrod with the 1991 First Division championship trophy as Falkirk are promoted, the old Brockville enclosure in the background, had many a lively couple of hours at that segregation fence in days gone by 😃

FB_IMG_1574165180602.jpg

Dirty b*****d broke Donald Park's leg that day 

IMG_1287.thumb.jpg.1c43e48fe963cad646c9154c1a8c4024.jpg

I’m in there somewhere. Totally rammed terraces were OK as the exception though....
Beautiful. I've always thought that Dons v Celtic or Hibs with both teams in their home kits is one of the greatest sights in Scottish fitba. Must be the red/green contrast.

1 hour ago, Ken Fitlike said:

IMG_1287.thumb.jpg.1c43e48fe963cad646c9154c1a8c4024.jpg

I’m in there somewhere. Totally rammed terraces were OK as the exception though....

Do you know which specific match that was ?... eg the league decider in 1970-71 , or the Dryborugh Cup Final.

Or do you just know you’d have been there because you went to all the Dons- Celtic games in that era ? 

Is the Dons player Steve Murray ?

1 minute ago, A96 said:

Do you know which specific match that was ?... eg the league decider in 1970-71 , or the Dryborugh Cup Final.

Or do you just know you’d have been there because you went to all the Dons- Celtic games in that era ? 

It looks very like him.

10 hours ago, A96 said:

This is a fantastic photo, and just what this thread is here for. It’s  definitely the league decider from 17th April 1971, as Bobby Lennox didn’t play in the Drybrough Cup Final, and also definitely Steve Murray. The excitement before that match, the league decider, was the best that I’d ever experienced at that time at Pittodrie. 

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This is a fantastic photo, and just what this thread is here for. It’s  definitely the league decider from 17th April 1971, as Bobby Lennox didn’t play in the Drybrough Cup Final, and also definitely Steve Murray. The excitement before that match, the league decider, was the best that I’d ever experienced at that time at Pittodrie. 

If Arthur Graham had had a right foot we'd have won the league.