A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

7 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Excellent pic, however it's got me very confused indeed. The lettering on the background signs is all backwards, but Theo's goalie tap says JVC the correct way round? Absolute madness.

An eye for detail there Andy. Well spotted! Never noticed that myself.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’m surprised Aberdeen never brought out an Orange 3rd kit in celebration of their Dutch connections.

They did produce an orange 3rd kit but just before it was due for release, in true Aberdeen fashion, they bottled it.

A fantastic image I saw on a Celtic fans Facebook page recently of Jimmy Johnstone playing in Celtic's all green change kit in the late 60's at Celtic Park, I believe Morton are the opposition although happy to be corrected if necessary by an older poster.
IMG_20191018_173556.thumb.jpg.808c0e82fb979fa28e37012da8d581d0.jpg

Looks like the LB has shit himself, a common problem for defenders back then who came up against Jinky.

A fantastic image I saw on a Celtic fans Facebook page recently of Jimmy Johnstone playing in Celtic's all green change kit in the late 60's at Celtic Park, I believe Morton are the opposition although happy to be corrected if necessary by an older poster.

Sorry, this should be on the PTTGOYN thread but the kit isn't all-green if the shorts are white...

Guest Moomintroll

Jinky looks like a goalie who has went utterly rogue there, he was some player.

11 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Jinky looks like a goalie who has went utterly rogue there, he was some player.

I agree with that.

I was scunnered when I pulled up at traffic lights opposite Bud Johnston's pub in Kirkcaldy sometime late 70's early 80's to see him working digging up roads. 

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

1394400930_kennymiller.jpg.e2c2e8b3b8e009422326cd6b9300414d.jpg

A young Kenny Miller, on loan to Stenhousemuir from Hibs, gets congratulated by Crawford Baptie, Maxi Christie and Adrian "The Hunf*cker" Sprott. 

That would be 98-99. Stenny got a 1-1 draw at Whitehill in the Scottish. Mickey Lawson’s Whitehill were a formidable team at the time. The winners were drawn away to Rangers. Hibs didn’t want him playing in the replay, presumably as he’d be Cup-tied, but Stenny paid them a sum reputed to be £8k-£12k and he scored both goals in a 2-0 win while Whitehill missed a penalty.

4 hours ago, The Mantis said:

That would be 98-99. Stenny got a 1-1 draw at Whitehill in the Scottish. Mickey Lawson’s Whitehill were a formidable team at the time. The winners were drawn away to Rangers. Hibs didn’t want him playing in the replay, presumably as he’d be Cup-tied, but Stenny paid them a sum reputed to be £8k-£12k and he scored both goals in a 2-0 win while Whitehill missed a penalty.

I was at the replay at Ochilview, Mantis, and IIRC Miller was the difference between the two sides. I reckon Whitehill would have been Stenny if it hadn't been for MIller. And they would have spent the Rangers gate money on a nice set of DEVIL'S ILLUMINATIONS for Fergie Park of course.. :whistle

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Jim Shirra far right before he moved to Dens Park.

Ex Bairn.

I remember seeing him play for Brechin City against Caledonian at Telford Street in the twilight of his career.

Stewart Kennedy, of course, is another ex-Bairn.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Looking through Afc Heritage and I can only find one game where Pettigrew scored at Fir Park during Shirra's time at the Dons, and it was a midweek game in April '77. Strange because it looks like daylight in the picture.

Assuming it is that game, Harper got our goal in a 1-1. Willie Garner is red 5 and our goalie isn't Bobby Clark but Ally Mclean who I've not heard of (eight games for the Dons four years before I was born, so I'm comfortable with my ignorance here).