A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 18:34, Flybhoy said:

Celtic take to the field in the European Cup quarter final second leg against Real Madrid in the Bernabau in 1980, a 2-0 first leg win in Glasgow was wiped out by a 3-0 reversal here.

IMG_20191012_181513.jpg

Did Lennox play in that/ I know he played in the first leg which is remarkable considering he was in the 67' winning side.

Actually saw him yesterday morning!

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Did Lennox play in that/ I know he played in the first leg which is remarkable considering he was in the 67' winning side.

Actually saw him yesterday morning!

Yeah, he left Celtic for a year in 1978 to play in America for a season then had a second brief spell with the club when he came back, he came on as a substitute in the 1980 Scottish Cup Final which I believe was his last game for Celtic. 

22 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Yeah, he left Celtic for a year in 1978 to play in America for a season then had a second brief spell with the club when he came back, he came on as a substitute in the 1980 Scottish Cup Final which I believe was his last game for Celtic. 

He's a great lad.

Actually surreal growing up a street behind his house and seeing him most days out for his paper etc knowing that he'd won a European Cup and scored in a win at Wembley/

As an unassuming man you'll meet.

On 15/10/2019 at 11:27, Drew Brees said:

IMG_7362.jpg

What’s this then ?...... a team for a testimonial or something like that ?

Back row L-R ........the two foreigners who were the referees on the international versions of It’s a Knockout ;Eusebio ; ????; Dave McKay; Tommy Gemmell; Norman Hunter; Martin Peters; Jimmy Greaves ; Jack Taylor (ref);  Rodney Marsh ?

Front row ...... the only one I think I know is Jimmy Johnstone on the extreme left.

3 minutes ago, A96 said:

What’s this then ?...... a team for a testimonial or something like that ?

Back row L-R ........the two foreigners who were the referees on the international versions of It’s a Knockout ;Eusebio ; ????; Dave McKay; Tommy Gemmell; Norman Hunter; Martin Peters; Jimmy Greaves ; Jack Taylor (ref);  Rodney Marsh ?

Front row ...... the only one I think I know is Jimmy Johnstone on the extreme left.

Hurst , not Peters. Wee guy with the ball - Lato? (Poland)

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Hurst , not Peters. Wee guy with the ball - Lato? (Poland)

Aye, of course , it’s Hurst .  And that wee guy is not unlike Lato , but the initials on his trackie top don’t look like GL to me. The first initial looks like an M.

I believe it is the Geoff Hurst Testimonial

Back row: 

Ron Spiers and Peter Allen (linesmen), Ferreira Eusebio (Portugal), Willi Schultz (West Germany), Dave Mackay (Scotland), Tommy Gemmell (Scotland), John Jackson (Crystal Palace), Geoff Hurst (England), Jimmy Greaves (England), Jack Taylor (referee), Rodney Marsh (England). 

Front row: 

Jimmy Johnstone (Scotland), Mike Docherty (Burnley), Uwe Seeler (West Germany), Antonio Simoes (Portugal), Ted McDougall (Bournemouth), Mordechai Spiegler (Israel).

Edited by paul wright scores