A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

7 hours ago, resk said:

What European trophy did he win, like?

UEFA U18 European Champions. Do try to keep up. 

He may also have won the Forfarshire Cup which Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and f*cking Liverpool have never won. 

On 16/09/2019 at 17:41, Flybhoy said:

FB_IMG_1568638659435.jpg

I'm guessing this might be a line up for the long defunked Scottish League select, I think these games stopped in the late 70s. I'll have a bash at this being around 1974 judging by the kits. Is it Jim Cruickshank in the goal? Top row is Jardine, Hansen, Stanton and (I think) Wark. Middle row of Johnstone, Robinson and Dalgleish with McLean, Gray and Graham in the front.

Sadly Sandy Jardine and Bobby Robinson are no longer with us. 'Trigger' Robinson was an important part of a very good Dundee team in the early 70s and it was capped on a couple of occasions in the run up to the Germany World Cup. A real tragedy to lose him at such an early age

10 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Sadly Sandy Jardine and Bobby Robinson are no longer with us. 'Trigger' Robinson was an important part of a very good Dundee team in the early 70s and it was capped on a couple of occasions in the run up to the Germany World Cup. A real tragedy to lose him at such an early age

Wark’s gone. Cruickshank’s away too, 2010. If it is him. According to wiki his last appearance for the SL XI was 1970.

Think the ref is Ian Foote. Pan breid too, obvs.

Edited by The Mantis

I've got more on my blog post (here) but a United fan has contacted me asking to publish many different photos from the 1987 UEFA Cup season and the way trips made by the fans. The first set I've been sent are of a 'friendly' between United staff and journalists pre-UEFA Cup Final first leg.

Archie's hair...

dundee-united-gothenburg-press-match3l.jpg

dundee-united-gothenburg-press-match2l.jpg

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

20190921_225333.thumb.jpg.6c4312544d51a25eb2b170412e147dbf.jpg20190921_225403.thumb.jpg.2edc96190a87410a503dc7dc671044d2.jpg

They adverts bring back some memories of the Toon when I was a youngster. Old enough to be at the Regal pictures before it burnt down:lol: Few still on the go East Port Bar, Alhambra (revived after being a bingo hall, Alari's?, Rennies, Andrew Thomson & City Hotel. Remember the Cresta Bar up Abbey View from when I went to High School reputed to have been some place used to walk past it going to the chippy at dinner time.

Edited by cowdenbeath

24 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

They adverts bring back some memories of the Toon when I was a youngster. Old enough to be at the Regal pictures before it burnt down:lol: Few still on the go East Port Bar, Alhambra (revived after being a bingo hall, Alari's?, Rennies, Andrew Thomson & City Hotel. Remember the Cresta Bar up Abbey View from when I went to High School reputed to have been some place used to walk past it going to the chippy at dinner time.

Where was Regal Pictures? 

They adverts bring back some memories of the Toon when I was a youngster. Old enough to be at the Regal pictures before it burnt down[emoji38] Few still on the go East Port Bar, Alhambra (revived after being a bingo hall, Alari's?, Rennies, Andrew Thomson & City Hotel. Remember the Cresta Bar up Abbey View from when I went to High School reputed to have been some place used to walk past it going to the chippy at dinner time.
Sadly Alari's is no more [emoji26]