A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Rangers v Motherwell in 1984, back in the days when the home support was akin to what the Steelmen average just now, Ally Mauchlen and Ian Redford are the players pictured. 

FB_IMG_1563639486386.jpg

Think that was 22nd October 1983......... 2-1 to the mighty.........Junior Burns scored winner.......got John Greig the sack.......photo is on the next programme for our next encounter at Greyskull

4th_february_1984_rangers.jpg

367114797_granttierney.thumb.jpg.49d613643dcbed21256f75e1f3a3b986.jpg

Grant Tierney of Meadowbank Thistle with the Second Division Trophy, 1987. 

The trophy was brought along to a meeting of the Meadowbank Supporters' Club. Wee Joe came along to the meeting with a fish supper, wasn't impressed by the trophy and put his chips in it. I pinched a couple so I can say I've eaten chips out of the Second Division trophy. 

I used to have that strip- wore it with pride. 

Dundee United v Morton, Division 2, 20th February 1960. Ended 3-3 in front of 5,500 crowd. The United player on the right might be Tommy Neilson. Looks like this is one of United's goals and would have made a good pic for spot the ball. No worries about change strips then.

Image result for tannadice park 1960s

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

367114797_granttierney.thumb.jpg.49d613643dcbed21256f75e1f3a3b986.jpg

The trophy was brought along to a meeting of the Meadowbank Supporters' Club. Wee Joe came along to the meeting with a fish supper, wasn't impressed by the trophy and put his chips in it. I pinched a couple so I can say I've eaten chips out of the Second Division trophy. 

The Raj. That was a good Indian back then.

Grant Tierney related to the late Lawrie Tierney?

18 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
On 20/07/2019 at 20:32, paul wright scores said:
Joe Gilroy was a PE teacher at my school in the late 70s and was manager of Queens Park at the time - he took one of the guys in my year to play for them while still at school. 
I think he later emigrated to Australia.

He emirgrated to Australia, Brisbane to be specific. Also spent time in South Africa & Iceland.

He managed both Brisbane NSL clubs, Lions and City.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Tam Hendrie got us a set of white Raj tops for the staff team at school. We wore them one year to The Raj for our end of season night out. It was meant to be 1970 prices or whenever The Raj opened, but somehow it ended up just as pricy as usual, though I suppose the drink was the major part of the bill.

The roofless lavvies at the back of the North Bank at Love Street... metal urinal troughs already en route to Pittodrie.

ls3.jpg.45edb2d32b4037fa285fe895d8d2ab84.jpg
Remember them well (not fond memories though). They were right up there with the toilets under the stands at Falkirk and Hibs for sheer boggingness.

I appreciate some of the sentimental nostalgia for the old terracing but I'm glad toilet facilities at the football have moved on.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Remember them well (not fond memories though). They were right up there with the toilets under the stands at Falkirk and Hibs for sheer boggingness.

I appreciate some of the sentimental nostalgia for the old terracing but I'm glad toilet facilities at the football have moved on.

I'm pretty sure the toilets under the stand at Brockvile were the inspiration for THAT scene in Trainspotting.