A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 11/07/2019 at 00:19, MeadowArab said:
On 06/07/2019 at 15:26, invergowrie arab said:
This was over 10 years ago so probably counts as history.
Messi getting little change out of Lee Wilkie and Garry Kenneth.
Kenneth now works as a delivery driver whereas i dont even know if Messi has a driving license.

3402.jpg.639e2f7f30e415380430d28350c1da34.jpg

I still find it incredible how far Garry Kenneth has fallen. He was average at best, but nevertheless, I'm surprised how quickly he fell into the amateur game. I wonder what the full story is.

Back in 2007 I happened to be on the same flight as the extended Kenneth family on a Zoom Airlines flight to Vancouver ahead of the under 20 World Cup in Canada.  Whole team of them with "Kenzo 6" on the back of their tops. 

It was a lively flight, to say the least, and if any of them had any of the Duty Free that they boarded the flight in Glasgow with left by the time we landed I would be very surprised.  

On 09/05/2019 at 12:31, ONeils4Oyarder said:

Boyd was a very good player, very consistent, rarely injured and never retired from International duty at a young age like the current p***k that is captain of Celtic...all that said, Boyd is a thoroughly unlikeable individual, a total knob of a guy

Also worth noting that at least in his younger years he was absolutely rapid and excellent on the ball.

On 10/07/2019 at 12:17, Pet Jeden said:

Magnificent photo. But when I see it, I just keep thinking - how tedious must post-war life have been that people would seriously risk their lives to watch Aberdeen.......against Hibs ?

To be honest if you'd survived years getting high explosive chucked at you, whether on the home front or in North Africa/Italy/Normandy or being down a mine or working in a shipyard with rudimentary health and safety then sitting on a stand roof was a piece of pish. 

It's Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao, people often mix the two prefixes up, the latter club were formed by some English men, soldiers stationed in the Basque area I seem to recall reading somewhere, hence the spelling. 

4 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Can remember when Levein sent Kenneth out on loan to Cowden, Levein felt Kenneth thought he was Billy big time and had made it in the game, he came to Cowden to find out that you need to put in hard work and 100% commitment.

Aye and he was pish.

5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Pretty sure the top image is from a concert by The Who at Celtic Park in the 1970's. 

It was in 1976 and was pretty much an all day event, which I was at. The Who, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Little Feat, Streetwalkers and I think another couple of bands which I can’t remember. Brilliant day.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was in 1976 and was pretty much an all day event, which I was at. The Who, The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Little Feat, Streetwalkers and I think another couple of bands which I can’t remember. Brilliant day.

Steve 'Everlasting Love' Ellis was there with Widowmaker. Streetwalkers were close enough to Family to be a good live band too.

10 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Steve 'Everlasting Love' Ellis was there with Widowmaker. Streetwalkers were close enough to Family to be a good live band too.

Cheer’s DH, those were the two bands I was searching my memory for.

Edited by kingjoey