A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Strathclyde's finest stand between the two dug outs towards the end of the 1st leg 0-0 draw in the 1974 EC semi final between Celtic and Atletico Madrid, probably in the knowledge it is about to kick off between both sets of players and officials, it did at full time, the Billy Connolly lookalike is a guy called Ayala who spent the entire night trying to detach Jimmy Johnstone's legs from his body, that team made the animals of Uruguay in 1986 v Scotland look like quireboys....

IMG_20190705_204814.jpg

On 05/07/2019 at 21:25, TommyDickFingers said:

No doubt a repost  but i love this pic of the old girl

Aberdeen v Hibs 1946

IMG_4976.thumb.JPG.e61fc1d6e0004b984442d89ea4b43c47.JPG

Current  Celtic board getting ideas for a new away section at Parkhead

On 05/07/2019 at 22:25, TommyDickFingers said:

No doubt a repost  but i love this pic of the old girl

Aberdeen v Hibs 1946

IMG_4976.thumb.JPG.e61fc1d6e0004b984442d89ea4b43c47.JPG

Magnificent photo. But when I see it, I just keep thinking - how tedious must post-war life have been that people would seriously risk their lives to watch Aberdeen.......against Hibs ?

This was over 10 years ago so probably counts as history.
Messi getting little change out of Lee Wilkie and Garry Kenneth.
Kenneth now works as a delivery driver whereas i dont even know if Messi has a driving license.

3402.jpg.639e2f7f30e415380430d28350c1da34.jpg
I still find it incredible how far Garry Kenneth has fallen. He was average at best, but nevertheless, I'm surprised how quickly he fell into the amateur game. I wonder what the full story is.

I still find it incredible how far Garry Kenneth has fallen. He was average at best, but nevertheless, I'm surprised how quickly he fell into the amateur game. I wonder what the full story is.

He was rotten and found his level- HTH [emoji41]

IMO the GK story is being big and tall is often enough in Scottish football and he played alongside some outstanding defenders in Webster, Dodds and Wilkie (I know none of them are Maldini but Levein and Houston really did get the best out of them).

Part 2 is after 20 when natural fitness isnt enough and 10 lagers and a pizza needs to be worked off or just not taken.

As a footballer he was always incredibly limited.

11 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
On 06/07/2019 at 15:26, invergowrie arab said:
This was over 10 years ago so probably counts as history.
Messi getting little change out of Lee Wilkie and Garry Kenneth.
Kenneth now works as a delivery driver whereas i dont even know if Messi has a driving license.

3402.jpg.639e2f7f30e415380430d28350c1da34.jpg

Was there not a fair bit of media hype round him when he first appeared for United?  I think I remember him being linked to Chelsea early on, which seems even more bizarre than these things usually do, given how quickly it all unravelled for him.

On 14/07/2019 at 20:52, Swordfishtrombone said:

I was given 'The Game' by Stuart Roy Clarke as a present. A photographer who has had a few exhibitions who has taken brilliant photos of football, focusing on the human element of football. There are some photos of Scottish football grounds and supporters in there. I highly reccomend it. 

Saw his exhibition ‘The Homes of Football ‘ when it was in Edinburgh a few years back.