A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

I always thought Fletcher was a jambo for some reason.  How disappointing.

An assumption based on him being from Midlothian and having been at Tynecastle Boys Club? Sadly, glory-hunting Sellick supporters can be found absolutely anywhere. And it's not actually compulsory for them to have surnames that begin with O'

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

An assumption based on him being from Midlothian and having been at Tynecastle Boys Club? Sadly, glory-hunting Sellick supporters can be found absolutely anywhere. And it's not actually compulsory for them to have surnames that begin with O'

No actually, I went to uni with a girl from broadly the same area who I seem to remember saying he was a Hearts supporter.  This was 2002/03, when everyone from an EH postcode (it seemed) maintained they had some connection to him, however tenuous.

Roy Aitken and Mark Walters in the 1989 Scottish Cup Final, Rangers were going for the treble that day but Joe Miller scored the only goal of the game for Celtic following an horrendous pass back from Gary Stevens. 

IMG_20190612_214728.jpg

Programmes from Hearts v PSG, 1984.Paris-St-Germain-v-Hearts-Heart-of-Midlothian.jpg.77b673f8f348015ef9b16e52cca272d3.jpg

1985-Hearts-V-Psg-Paris-St-Germain-Uefa-Cup-1St-Round-2Nd.jpg.137d2b9e14983a15747b6378a30984c9.jpg

This is my ticket from the Ghent v Celtic game, our bus had arranged to pick someone up at kings cross station in London on the Monday morning, a couple of days before the game (we were going to Amsterdam for 2 nights before going to Belgium).

We got to kings cross in morning rush hour and we were sat waiting when a train full of jambos on their way to Paris came out the station and spotted us. Must’ve been some sight for the c***s going to work with them on one side of the street shouting and singing at us and us at the bus window doing the same back. A very surreal moment

IMG_6210.thumb.jpg.b30746c64244892230b829817feacc1e.jpg

22 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Fans waiting outside hampden

IMG_6207.jpg

Think ive seen that image on the excellent Celtic Wiki page, by all accounts it's before a friendly against Tottenham before the 67-68 season, played at Hampden because of building work at Celtic Park and just a few weeks after Lisbon. 

Roy Aitken and Mark Walters in the 1989 Scottish Cup Final, Rangers were going for the treble that day but Joe Miller scored the only goal of the game for Celtic following an horrendous pass back from Gary Stevens. 
IMG_20190612_214728.jpg.0ebfe7ac54b0255435bebe004815665e.jpg
Look that crowd. Terracing was/is lovely.

And I used to think the term crowd w**k came from Falkirk fans.

7 minutes ago, ftk said:

Look that crowd. Terracing was/is lovely.

And I used to think the term crowd w**k came from Falkirk fans.

I was at that game as a 12 year old, remember being knocked flying by umpteen bodies when Celtic scored, just laughed it off as you did back then.

Social media meltdowns and possible legal action would be the norm these days in such a scenario. 

35 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Think ive seen that image on the excellent Celtic Wiki page, by all accounts it's before a friendly against Tottenham before the 67-68 season, played at Hampden because of building work at Celtic Park and just a few weeks after Lisbon. 

It was part of the Queen's Park centenary celebrations I remember seeing a programme cover for the game. Had the Celtic v Spurs game and QP v a British Amateur Select the night before.

Celic drew 3-3 with Spurs on 5th August before a crowd of 91.708.

Edited by cowdenbeath