A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

19 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

St Mirren team in the late 'seventies: a lot of good players in there. Can anyone identify the ground?

34y5isx.jpg

Why is Billy Thompson wearing a Norwegian jersey? 

Edited by SlipperyP

On 11/05/2019 at 10:12, scotfree said:

59474856_2107171779330542_6615316329622667264_n.thumb.jpg.12d5d002300055a64522b0ac45dc4cd3.jpg

A few good managers in this photo. Photo was taken at Largs, not sure of the year.

Big Dundee FC connection in this photo. Apart from the aforementioned Brown, Knox, Wallace and Scott, ex Dees Kenny Cameron and Hugh 'Shuggy' Robertson are also in the pic behind Walter Smith. Also pretty sure that Eric Ferguson is on extreme left in third row. Not sure why as he was physio at Dens for donkeys years. He also served the Scottish national team for many years too. 

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 01:20, Grant228 said:

A bad day for Dunfermline. 

We came third? In the league, 1 point behind Kilmarnock. 

Aye Pars drew their second last game v St Johnstone.  Otherwise they would've won the league the following Wednesday with a 5-1 victory......over Celtic.

FACT: Steve Archibald is one of the few ex-Barcelona players ever to be booked at City Park, Edinburgh in a cup tie against Spartans. I was there! 

(probably the ONLY ex-Barca player to be booked at City Park but I have to err on the side of caution...!) 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

FACT: Steve Archibald is one of the few ex-Barcelona players ever to be booked at City Park, Edinburgh in a cup tie against Spartans. I was there! 

(probably the ONLY ex-Barca player to be booked at City Park but I have to err on the side of caution...!) 

C1eXzM3W8AIv4kB.jpg

Duncan George  and Gordan Petric watch Andy Goram fail to stop a header from Darren Henderson(hidden) sailing into the net, much to the jubilation of the Lower Broomloan and anger of the Upper. 

Rangers went on to win 3-1 on a night remembered by Ayr fans for Paul Kinnaird playing keepie-uppie in front of the main stand.

0_lhr_ayp_180918ayr_2.jpg

Clyde FC late 19th Century. Location of original ground. Close the pop-up window. Zoom with mouse. Adjust transparency on the left with slider.

Clyde

Shawfield across the river.

An added interest. If you move up to Ibrox you can see from the old map that the original park was slightly to the east of the current stadium.

Edited by Lord Snooty

My boss was in the hibs squad for that game. Didn't make the subs bench, but dave Beaumont, who'd hardly kicked a ball all season, did.
He'd not "barely kicked a ball" he'd literally never played for us. He was signed that week. Is your boss David Fellenger by any chance? It was him who wasn't picked in the squad for Beaumont iirc.