A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Was this coincidental timing Drew,  or retaliation for the Alex Rae post?

Purely coincidental, as I’ve not been following the thread of late.

A good friend of mine was a thistle player at that time and goes to a lot of get together and functions invoking the cup winning team. Still claims to be the only real thistle fan to win the cup.

31 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Right, Flybhoy. You've had plenty of time. I'm having to do your job for you, here. You'll be getting your jotters if there's any more dragging of feet in future. This - as you well know - was Alex Rae's finest day.

The 5 min youtube clip is worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icGznExojzc

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Don’t need to watch a clip.

I was there.

30 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Don’t need to watch a clip.

I was there.

One or two interesting  quotes in it. Billy McNeill elegantly letting it be known that he wasn't part of it ! And the bit about Lou Macari telling Bobby Lawrie "at least you'll get a runners up medal".

55 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Purely coincidental, as I’ve not been following the thread of late.

A good friend of mine was a thistle player at that time and goes to a lot of get together and functions invoking the cup winning team. Still claims to be the only real thistle fan to win the cup.

Probably would have been less annoying if you had done it in retaliation. Koff

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Shouldn’t you be out counting votes in the Failed State?

I'm barred from counting votes as I'd be counting early and counting often...

13 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Getting riled about someone posting nostalgic pictures on a Scottish football history thread if some  of them entail Celtic, what an odd chap you are.

You will notice not every one I post is of a Celtic connection, the ones that are though provoke a bizarre level of seethe, what a rocket of a guy you are. Genuinely hope you are okay and this isn't a vent for a more serious personal issue. 

Eh dinna like Celtic but eh like your posts Flybhoy, always interesting photies 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

D5n4kxfWwAAAqTs.thumb.jpeg.cdfcbd0823815cfa9ad9dfb7fa011384.jpeg

Name that game...

As the previous chap said, it was against St Mirren. Our last home game of the 1996/97 First Division title-pissing season. We were presented with the trophy at full-time if my memory serves me correctly. I had a season ticket in the Ormond Stand that year. Some view that day as the bold boy in the photo sprinted across the park. Seem to remember he made it over the perimeter gate to freedom too?