A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Alain Horace competes for the ball in the 96-97 2nd Division title decider against Hamilton at Fir Park. I say decider, but Ayr didn't win the league until the last game of the season against Berwick. The point gained in Motherwell kept it in our own hands though.

That strip though! :wub:

Dt4p-X5XcAAnegi.jpg

Edited by paulbrucerick

3 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Alain Horace competes for the ball in the 96-97 2nd Division title decider against Hamilton at Fir Park. I say decider, but Ayr didn't win the league until the last game of the season against Berwick. The point gained in Motherwell kept it in our own hands though.

Dt4p-X5XcAAnegi.jpg

Why Fir Park?

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
4 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Why Fir Park?

Hamilton were homeless at the time (and were from 1994 until 2001) so played games at either Fir Park or Cliftonhill.

I dony think they ground shared at Motherwell. The crowd was much bigger than what Cliftonhill could hold and I'm sure a one off agreement was made.

I dony think they ground shared at Motherwell. The crowd was much bigger than what Cliftonhill could hold and I'm sure a one off agreement was made.
I got mixed up. It was Firhill they used (I get them mixed up sometimes).

Curious thing though there was three firs with Firhill, Fir Park & the now gone Firs Park.

1 minute ago, paulbrucerick said:

Remember them being homeless - but Firhill and Cliftonhill were there ground shares. Seems a reasonable compromise - picture is definitely Fir Park

17 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

team for the final was Scotland : Rae, Beaumont, Bowman, Dick, McGinnis, McStay, MacKay, Nevinx, Philliben, Rennie, Rice.

Was that Robin Rae of Hibs in goal? Bit of a loony apparently and became a striker(!) with Bonnyrigg Rose after leaving Hibs. 

On 16/04/2019 at 18:56, paulbrucerick said:

Dt4p-X5XcAAnegi.jpg

Think the St Johnstone away kit that season was identical. Can't find any photos though