A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

5cb26ab682bd6_celticfansberwick.jpg.9f6a0c722e945b4a1b110d3c829f1a4d.jpg

Celtic fans being shepherded by the English polis before a cup tie against Berwick at Shielfield in 1981. 

Apparently you can see 11 horses' arses at Shielfield these days... 

That was the crowd off the Football Special train.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye Brazil trained at troon and rugby park before 1966 world cup.

I read they played a Scotland select team as well but can’t find anything about the game on google.

There’s a nice story I found on google about a young boy cycling past the pitch at Troon and seeing Pele, Jairzinho and Garrincha kicking the ball about. Obviously due to the fact it was the 1960s he had no idea they were coming and he cycled over and got to speak to them. How surreal would that be to cycling through Troon and see the Brazil team playing on the football pitch :lol: 

https://www.thenational.scot/community/16330263.letters-how-times-have-changed-since-i-met-pele-in-troon/

Edited by IrishBhoy

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

We don't need no Colin Stein, Eusebio or Alan Gilzean...

We've got someone twice as good, we've got Harry, Harry Hood...

FB_IMG_1555229975012.jpg

Presumably he was still at Clyde when the photo was taken?...

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Did Clyde not have black collars?

clyde_1963-1965-dn.gif This kit is the one used by Clyde from 63-65, with 65-68 being the same apart from red socks.

The first example of Clyde using a black collar is 87-88 and it's only a wee one - not one that you could turn up á la Cantona.

4 minutes ago, jamtart1972 said:

13th September 1958.

Note: 1957/58 League Champions flag flying* at the North Stand gable.

* Not exactly flying, maybe just hinging.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/195809131.html

I was wondering if it was pre-1960. The reason was that, athough perhaps you couldn't have seen it in that photo, the roof over the Wheatfield End at Tynecastle went up in 1959. 

On 06/04/2019 at 22:01, Dundee Hibernian said:

The third game was, I recall, a Monday night: I was just returning from a long weekend at Wembley at Central Station, and remember fans going to Hampden that night. Also think it was raining that night.

In the third game, the previously mentioned Ally McLeod hit the post just before Arthur Duncan headed an og winner for Rangers, who had missed a penalty in extra time, a soft award from Glasgow referee, in a final in Glasgow involving a Glasgow team, I.M.D. Foote. Think it was Alex Miller who missed the penalty, which surprisingly wasn't then ordered to be retaken.

Duncan's own goal was a superb diving header.

Before 2016 the pub quiz question was... 

Who was the last Hibs player to score the winning goal in a Scottish Cup Final ?