A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Walked through home of St Bernards FC today.20190323_121615.jpg20190323_121528.jpg20190323_121625.jpg

so did I.... :unsure2:

I knew an old guy who'd actually been to a couple of games back in the 1930s. He was more of a rugby fan though. 

there's a small display to St Bernard's in the snug of the nearby Clark's Bar. Or at least that was my excuse for going for a pint there! 

On 22/03/2019 at 17:12, GNU_Linux said:

Was in 8 out the 11 grounds shown. Technically could say 9 if you except Cathkin lay derelict for years afterwards and was used as a shortcut by locals and Hampden visitors with the giant covered terracing roof rusting away as a shelter for the young and not so young team with kerry-oots, strange since it was a dry area originally.

On 22/03/2019 at 17:12, GNU_Linux said:

It really annoys me that the Scotsman has gone down the click bait route. What could be a great article ruined by having to click through 11 pages of photos, with some pages just having the same ground at different stages.

They've been doing a lot of articles like this lately.

A different Bobby Clark pose. Numbers on front of jersey means it must  have been after they were the Washington Whips. Opponents St Mirren or Dunfermline?

9D755CA1-F656-4F7A-A3F8-C2B1D379FD78.jpeg

Edited by Eednud

20 minutes ago, Eednud said:

A different Bobby Clark pose. Numbers on front of jersey means it must  have been after they were the Washington Whips. Opponents St Mirren or Dunfermline?

Very similar to some of his goalkeeping poses.

That would be 1967/68 I reckon. St Mirren were "downstairs" so it's more likely to have been Dunfermline. Or maybe Kilmarnock?

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That would be 1967/68 I reckon. St Mirren were "downstairs" so it's more likely to have been Dunfermline. Or maybe Kilmarnock?

Didn’t  think Kilmarnock played in candy stripes. 

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Neither did I, tbh, but it doesn't really look like a Dunfermline strip to me either. Although it is 50 years ago, so my memory maybe isn't 100%...

Could be Morton?

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Neither did I, tbh, but it doesn't really look like a Dunfermline strip to me either. Although it is 50 years ago, so my memory maybe isn't 100%...

Could be Morton?

Morton would probably have been my guess. Here's Allan McGraw in their candy-striped shirt at some point in the sixties:

Allan-McGraw-2-300x244.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Morton would probably have been my guess. Here's Allan McGraw in their candy-striped shirt at some point in the sixties:

Cracking picture, I love those old posed shots! Is that the WDE in the background? If so when did it get changed?

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Could be Morton?

Historical kits site has Morton in a different strip by 67/68. It could be a reserve game v St Mirren from 69/70 going by this . http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=7565&season=1969-70&squad=Reserves

5 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Historical kits site has Morton in a different strip by 67/68. It could be a reserve game v St Mirren from 69/70 going by this . http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=7565&season=1969-70&squad=Reserves

Bobby Clark wouldn't have been playing centre half in 1969/70.

ETA: Although according to the team sheet he was! Don't remember The Dons having numbers on the front in 1969/70, though.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bobby Clarkesque pose there.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

34 minutes ago, Eednud said:

30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Could be Morton?

16 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

8 minutes ago, Eednud said:

5 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

dunfermline athletic 1964-68

Dunfermline played in this combination a lot in the 60's according the historical site. I'd go with them.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bobby Clark wouldn't have been playing centre half in 1969/70.

ETA: Although according to the team sheet he was! Don't remember The Dons having numbers on the front in 1969/70, though.

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

There’s a Clark listed at no. 5 in that link.

Sundays, eh?