A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Was there a riot? I remember the rest of it fairly vividly.

That was Denis's second spell at City.

Pitch invasion?

Although i also remember a tasty Man Utd v The Rangers friendly in that time period. Man Utd fans decided to run across the pitch to The Rangers fans. You can imagine what happened next.

10 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Pitch invasion?

Although i also remember a tasty Man Utd v The Rangers friendly in that time period. Man Utd fans decided to run across the pitch to The Rangers fans. You can imagine what happened next.

"The Rangers"?  In 1974?  

I know people occasionally called the old incarnation that in an affectionate way.  Not sure if that's what you're aiming for here though.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"The Rangers"?  In 1974?  

I know people occasionally called the old incarnation that in an affectionate way.  Not sure if that's what you're aiming for here though.

It was more than occasionally MT.  It was almost a second name for them in my experience. It's why I shall always refer to the new club as Rangers Int given the name The Rangers is closely associated with the dead one.

something I could spend hours on is the Britain from Above website, which has aerial photos taken in 1928, 1934 and the early 50s. There are some good pics of Hampden (and Cathkin to the North of Hampden) and Ibrox on there (don't think they've got Parkhead or Firhill... establishment bias back then!) but it's also a good challenge to try and spot obscure junior grounds if you know the location (I think  Keppoch Park is in one of the general views of North Glasgow)

Here's Love Street back in 1927.. 

5c86f0a301882_lovestreet1927.jpg.9ed15dc9ea8cf0b60cf42c81c09ec7d5.jpg

... and one of the more obscure grounds: If you look carefully on the right side of the photo is Coldstream's Home Park in 1950. It looks like there's actually a match on, with players on the pitch and spectators round it. 

5c86f130d375d_homepark1950.jpg.2d673b5bc40203879b8745d96ed9c81c.jpg

... and one of the more obscure grounds: If you look carefully on the right side of the photo is Coldstream's Home Park in 1950. It looks like there's actually a match on, with players on the pitch and spectators round it. 
5c86f130d375d_homepark1950.jpg.2d673b5bc40203879b8745d96ed9c81c.jpg

I was looking at the bowling green for a second there and then noticed the game going on above it. I thought it was a field of sheep at first.

3 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I was looking at the bowling green for a second there and then noticed the game going on above it. I thought it was a field of sheep at first.

tbh I thought they were sheep too until I realised one of the "sheep" was standing in goal!

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

something I could spend hours on is the Britain from Above website, which has aerial photos taken in 1928, 1934 and the early 50s

I agree with you there, the Britain from Above website has some superb pictures. Well worth a look.