A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

22 minutes ago, KillieCon said:

Don't think I've seen this picture before, cheers for sharing.

I used to stand beside the fence, right at the back. Some brilliant memories, particularly when we played Ayr and the old firm.

Yeah it got quite passionate at the fence at  times! Never the same when it got moved and the covered area for us was the Johnnie Walker.

12 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

st mirren park,celtic park,ibrox park,dens park to name a few says different.

The main stand at Easter Road had 'Easter Road Park' on it when I were a lad, but 'stadium' now.

As an aside, in the late 60s, I think the place in Govan was called Ibrox Park, but there was an air of poshness, as the announcer always started with 'Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the stadium'.

Don't think I've seen this picture before, cheers for sharing.
I used to stand beside the fence, right at the back. Some brilliant memories, particularly when we played Ayr and the old firm.
I loved going to the old rugby park as a youngster in the 90s with Ayr. Although I think the best I ever saw us do was a 1 1 draw around 95 [emoji23]
Would it be fair to say that the home end terracing beside the segregation fence, for Killie, would have been the equivalent of the Somerset road end for Ayr, when jam-packed?

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Tynecastle Park" - when did "parks" become "stadiums"?

Our name was changed to Stadium in 1996, but fan power ensured the name 'Tynecastle Park' was brought back in 2017.

Image result for hearts new stand tynecastle park night

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/08/12/blether-with-brown-yet-another-candidate-for-the-kirriemuir-town-hall-of-fame/?sso-c=MC42MzEyODEwMCAxNTUwNzY5MjA4

I've moved this from the Quirks thread as we've derailed it slightly but found this when checking stuff about the Montrose side pictured on that thread. 

A copy of Ianâs certificate along with some other  cuttings from his personal scrapbook.

A nice little momento for the loo wall.

46 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Is the Aberdeen player Jim Hermiston?

Hermiston possibly a bit late to close down Alan Gilzean. Eddie Thomson in mid photo and Willie Young over the ref's shoulder.

Finished 1-1 - I may be wrong but I think it was Martin Peters who scored for Spurs and Dons equalized through a Hermiston penalty - after the 'Jermaine Defoe' of that era Bertie Miller was possibly brought down. He certainly fell in the box.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3099&season=1973-74&squad=Senior

3 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Hermiston possibly a bit late to close down Alan Gilzean. Eddie Thomson in mid photo and Willie Young over the ref's shoulder.

Finished 1-1 - I may be wrong but I think it was Martin Peters who scored for Spurs and Dons equalized through a Hermiston penalty - after the 'Jermaine Defoe' of that era Bertie Miller was possibly brought down. He certainly fell in the box.

http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3099&season=1973-74&squad=Senior

I believe the Spurs goalscorer was Ralph Coates.   Along with Drew Jarvie, two magnificent comb overs on display that night. We were pumped 4-1 in the second leg I think.