A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

This photo just appeared on my Facebook feed. An anti Chris Robinson protest when he was telling us all ‘Tynecastle wasn’t fit for purpose’ and that  we were to sell the ground to Cala Homes and rent Murrayfield.  

Most Hearts fans feared a slow lingering death if that went ahead.

Heart of Midlothian isn’t just about the team, Tynecastle Park is a major component. 

1AEE4DF8-97DC-4B38-84FA-DCEE7F2FC995.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Is that Dam Park?  Any idea of the year, please?

Edit: it isn't Dam Park, that looks like Burns Statue in the centre of the picture.  Dam Park is on the north side of the river.

Beresford Park, home of Ayr Parkhouse. The goals to the left is where the Odeon pictures is now. Apparently it's 1921, if you zoom in you can see sheep grazing.

Edited by paulbrucerick

10 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Is that Dam Park?  Any idea of the year, please?

Edit: it isn't Dam Park, that looks like Burns Statue in the centre of the picture.  Dam Park is on the north side of the river.

It's Beresford Park, former home of Ayr Parkhouse FC who merged with Ayr FC in 1910 to form Ayr United. As far as I'm aware United still had Beresford Park and used it as a training ground but I'm sure @paulbrucerick or one of the other Ayr fans could provide more details. As he says that's now the Odeon cinema and it looks a bit like this now:

burns statue square aerial.png

8 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

It's Beresford Park, former home of Ayr Parkhouse FC who merged with Ayr FC in 1910 to form Ayr United. As far as I'm aware United still had Beresford Park and used it as a training ground but I'm sure @paulbrucerick or one of the other Ayr fans could provide more details. As he says that's now the Odeon cinema and it looks a bit like this now:

burns statue square aerial.png

Yeah, that sounds familiar. Interestingly, or not, the garden at the bottom left of your picture is actually Bobby Jones dancehall/nightclub which has lain derelict since it went on fire about 20 years ago.

23 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Fond memories of that segregation fence!:lol:

Kilmarnock Covered Side.jpg

Don't think I've seen this picture before, cheers for sharing.

I used to stand beside the fence, right at the back. Some brilliant memories, particularly when we played Ayr and the old firm.