A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 11/02/2019 at 19:54, Only an observer said:

Don't ask, not my cup o' tea, 0-0 if I remember rightly, replay then another replay ,with the Original Rangers winning via Arthur Duncan's back ??

15499146484602707354646624083762.jpg

My memory of this after the 3 game marathon (i saw it all) and folks had lost the will to live there was still one outstanding totally meaningless league game to be played. I’ll leave you to guess which two teams had still to play.

That was a fine Forfar side. I'd often go to Station Park when Dundee were away. Brewster was a terrific talent and scored a belting free kick in a Scottish Cup tie at home to Celtic, possibly 88-89. Forfar held their own in the First for a good few seasons, and indeed almost got promoted to the Premier Division at one point. There was an unfounded rumour that the board didn't want to go up as they'd have to spend a small fortune on the team and the ground. 
Pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but Forfar should have won the tie at the first attempt. They were 2-1 up at Tannadice before conceding a penalty with about 10 seconds left. All in all a pretty weird Cup tournament, Dundee and the DABs were sent to play the semi-final at Tynecastle which wasn't a popular decision, before St Mirren would eventually overcome a knackered United in the final AET. St Mirren knocked out Hearts in the other semi. The OF were both binned early on with the infamous Adrian Sprott knocking out the buns at Ibrox and Celtic falling to Hearts. 
Brewster was at Station Park for 6 years with over 200 appearances. His longest stint at any club in his career. f**k knows how we kept him for so long.

I was at both Utd games and the Celtic.
I've always wanted to see the first Utd highlights again. Someone posted them years ago and can't find now. Sure it was the featured game that night on Sportscene.
As for the second game, I posted on the quick penalty thread that Malpas saved with his hands the rebound from the first penalty. Turns out that is was McInally. Easy mistake[emoji1]. Also thought he got sent off. however on Arabarchive he didn't even get booked. Shirley this is wrong.

Brewster was at Station Park for 6 years with over 200 appearances. His longest stint at any club in his career. f**k knows how we kept him for so long.

I was at both Utd games and the Celtic.
I've always wanted to see the first Utd highlights again. Someone posted them years ago and can't find now. Sure it was the featured game that night on Sportscene.
As for the second game, I posted on the quick penalty thread that Malpas saved with his hands the rebound from the first penalty. Turns out that is was McInally. Easy mistake[emoji1]. Also thought he got sent off. however on Arabarchive he didn't even get booked. Shirley this is wrong.

image.jpeg.f2efcc7a78d16592c05238d06279c720.jpegimage.jpeg.b9a35314665596f31b05d2d693534203.jpeg

A couple of the Howden End at Telford street.  I used to stand right down the front behind the goals.  I always though it was strange that there wasn't a stepped terrace as such, just a slope as you can see on the right.

@The Mantishas loads of these.  Great pics and great memories.

Nice one. Went to Telford Street many times as a visiting fan and a neutral for Scottish cup ties and friendlies.
Daw them play East Stirlingshire, Brechin and Shrewsbury from memory.
The biggest game though was the SC match against Rangers in 84 or so. Peter McCloy launching the ball into the Caley penalty area, Bobby Williamson lumbering about up front, 6 nil it finished. We were right on the halfway line and Davie Cooper spent 45 minutes with his hands on his hips right in front of us while Rangers went route 1 all game.

5c634b9b7bc3f_forfarvdundeeunited.thumb.jpg.7c274d9cf931e9fd4a7e7ecfbc4c883e.jpg
Tuesday 24th March 1987 Scottish Cup Quarter Final Replay: Forfar Athletic 0 Dundee United 2 (John Holt, Iain Ferguson). Crowd 8, 139, a bit of a squeeze at Station Park!  
From an old print I have which is a bit battered now due to not being looked after over the years.
Forfar: Kennedy, Lorimer, Hamill, Morris, Smith, McPhee, Ward, Brewster, Clark, Cormack, MacDonald. Subs: Mark Bennett, Billy Bennett.
United: Main, Holt, Narey, Malpas, Hegarty, Clark, Redford, Kinnaird, McInally, Ferguson, Sturrock. Subs: Bowman, Gallagher. 

Ref: Jim Duncan (Gorebridge)

Both sides had a player called John Clark on their side. Forfar had a decent team- Kenny Ward, Kenny MacDonald and Craig Brewster were all capable of scoring. 

I was at that game. United got 2 penalties inside a minute as I recall.

A young, unrecognizable Eamonn Bannon with hair in his Chelsea days.
FB_IMG_1550233238190.jpg.531597c8faf607483347849bd2d1f570.jpg
I was 11/12. First player I remember being really gutted when his transfer was announced.
It was an interesting time to be a young Hertz fan..
Protests against the board, loads of fighting, relegation and promotion. Well that's how I remember it anyway.

14 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

I was 11/12. First player I remember being really gutted when his transfer was announced.
It was an interesting time to be a young Hertz fan..
Protests against the board, loads of fighting, relegation and promotion.
Well that's how I remember it anyway.

A bit like the last decade then.