A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

31 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Absolute 'stoater' of a programme cover from Aberdeen, im sure they done a retro/tribute version of it recently. 

Screenshot_20190112-085445_Twitter.jpg

If you notice , the wee quine is laughing cos her dress is caught on a nail sticking oot the Pittodrie wa.

Fit a fash.

3 hours ago, resk said:
5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:
Davie Provan, England 0 Scotland 1, 1982, Wembley. 
FB_IMG_1547281161833.thumb.jpg.9ebe50db815acf521165d2aaad6ab319.jpg

That kit is fkin lovely.

The only difference between it and the one they'd had for about five years before it, is that the v neck bit isn't a filled in white triangle, as sported earlier in the page by Willie Johnstone.

This glorious failure led to the building of the Fair Play enclosure which was a great place to stand in derbies, being directly adjacent to the Shed. I’ll never forget when Ristic equalised that time [emoji1303][emoji23] (wins were thin on the ground back then).
I was in there for that game. Scenes when Ristic scored. Didn't he miss a pen a few mins earlier?

1 hour ago, wellinwigan said:

Dunno who the hibs player is. But the young guy in the grey hoodie gripping the fence is me. The auld man was a hibs fan and took me to Easter road when I couldn't go to well games

The bar is set! Any other posters able to match this? 

Superb!

17 hours ago, wellinwigan said:

Dunno who the hibs player is. But the young guy in the grey hoodie gripping the fence is me. The auld man was a hibs fan and took me to Easter road when I couldn't go to well games

Damian from The Omen found.

How long after that game was it that Schaedler died ?

Edited by A96

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I think it was just after Christmas 1985 he died. Our next game (might have been Alloa away) was cancelled after it happened.

He committed suicide in his car in woodlands in the Scottish Borders with a single gunshot to the head, body found on Christmas Eve. 

More than a few people were a bit suspicious about it, the car was covered in branches and foliage, to the extent it looked like it was being concealed,  very little damage to the inside of his car despite a gun having been fired in it, his brother also stated there were a lot of personal papers 'missing' from his flat.

Davie Hay, Jimmy Johnstone, Joe Jordan and Jim Holton just before Scotland's 2-0 win over England in 1974, the one where Jinky flicked the vickies at the press box after the game, due to the treatment he got from them for his rowing boat escapades at Largs earlier that week.

IMG_20190114_220122.jpg