A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

'' The games going downhill fast. We're being ripped off with prices going up to 1/3d, Smithers is getting paid a ridiculous £27 a week, the clubs starting to sell supporters scarves as well as rosettes and St Johnstone are only getting crowds of 8,000 in the top division. We're the laughing stock of Europe.''
A young James Forrest standing in front of one of the Reid twins?Screenshot_20190107-213531.jpg

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Danny McGrain and Kevin Keegan lead out Scotland and England at Hampden in 1982.

IMG_20190107_214801.jpg

That trackie tap... oh my word that is a tremendous design. Much as I'm a big fan of Adidas and their recent Scotland kits, the 70s and 80s Umbro efforts were always magnificent. 

That trackie tap... oh my word that is a tremendous design. Much as I'm a big fan of Adidas and their recent Scotland kits, the 70s and 80s Umbro efforts were always magnificent. 
i havemt liked any of the adidas efforts. the last smart scotland top was '98 but that wasnt a patch on the euro 96 shirt

14 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Aye, there's nothing quite like garish nylon.

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

You may be right, just saw it on a Scottish Football nostalgia twitter feed so pinched it for here, were Hearts not in the old First Division (now the championship) season 80/81 anyway?

Sure we had a car crash season 80/81 in the top flight when Bobby Moncur was manager. 81/82 begun under Tony Ford before he got emptied and Doddie took over as player manager.

On 1/5/2019 at 13:45, Flybhoy said:

Hibernian fans at Easter Road in 1959.

IMG_20190105_134437.jpg

The guy 2nd from left, 4th from front - looking anxious, sweaty and licking his lips. Two teenagers in front of him and two wee boys behind him. Do you think it's too late to warn Social Services ?

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is the difference between the two kits on the left, really just that the later one says 'umbro' under the umbro logo.

The late 70s/early 80s marked a change, from old style cotton shirts to shiny fabric, for a lot of teams. A quick search of Hearts photos from both periods, although not the clearest images, seems to confirm this.