A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Must have been missed. Our only scorer that day was Willie Watt and the guy taking the penalty is Francis Munro.

Yeah, Munro's penalty was pushed up by Clyde keeper Wright against the underside of the bar, which maybe accounts for his posture. Running in – no 9 – is the man who won the penalty: ex Leeds United striker and future St Johnstone manager Jim Storrie.

Edited by Mr Heliums

44 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Just saw that wee gap at the halfway line which is where they had the segregation fence at Brockville. But segregration didn't arrive at St Johnstone until the mid-1970s I think.

It was a gate leading out to the street.

On 08/09/2018 at 19:27, Flybhoy said:

Celtic win the league at Love Street in 1986 with a wee bit of help from a wee Bobby Ball lookalike 70 miles or so up the road at Dundee, the most dramatic and unexpected title win of Celtic's i've witnessed, a mere 9 years old I was as me and my dad jumped around the living room as news of Hearts late collapse at Dens Park came through on the radio. 

IMG_20180908_192247.jpg

IMG_20180908_192219.jpg

IMG_20180908_192236.jpg

IMG_20180908_191619.jpg

IMG_20180908_192210.jpg

What was the reaction at Dens Park like? Dont think I have ever seen any pics?

28 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Yeah, Munro's penalty was pushed up by Clyde keeper Wright against the underside of the bar, which maybe accounts for his posture. Running in – no 9 – is the man who won the penalty: ex Leeds United striker and future St Johnstone manager Jim Storrie.

And wee Ian Taylor (No 11) at the edge of the box.