A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That is my favourite photo of Joe. I was in his eyeline as he celebrated his hat trick in a 7.0 win against Cowdenbeath in the league in December 1970. 

Scored a hat trick in a cup final and failed to get a winners medal which must be something of a record.

Undoubtedly the highlight of his career, surpassing reaching the last eight of the 2002 World Cup with Denmark or playing for Real Madrid, Thomas Gravesen steps out at Albion Rovers ground, Cliftonhill, for Celtic reserves in the annual Jock Stein trophy match.

FB_IMG_1538468500743.jpg

20 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That is my favourite photo of Joe. I was in his eyeline as he celebrated his hat trick in a 7.0 win against Cowdenbeath in the league in December 1970. 

I was there, too!

11 hours ago, Eednud said:

This is supposed to be Derby County v Airdrie so would be Texaco Cup SF 2nd leg from 71/72, Derby won 2-1 after 0-0 at Broomfield. 

Image result for montrose v dundee scottish cup 1972

Looks like more like Malcolm Macdonald, probably playing for Newcastle. Mind you, Airdrie were such a big draw in England at the time...:whistle

19 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Scottish Cup  First Round 11 January 1964.  Forres Mechanics 3 Dundee 6. 5,681 at Mosset Perk that day. Wonder if the ones up the back paid to watch. This is from someone’s Flickr.

I know Dundee would have been a big draw then but would that not have been quite a high ticket price in those days, especially for a Highland League side?

26 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Scottish Cup  First Round 11 January 1964.  Forres Mechanics 3 Dundee 6. 5,681 at Mosset Perk that day. Wonder if the ones up the back paid to watch. This is from someone’s Flickr.

Forres Mechanics v Dundee Scottish Cup 1964

What a picture that bottom one is!

27 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Forres Mechanics  v Dundee Scottish Cup 1964Forres Mechanics v Dundee Scottish Cup 1964

In the centre of both photos for Forres is their player manager at the time, Jimmy McIntosh.

He's a Falkirk legend of '57, and ironically featured in here recently in a FFC v DUFC photo from the early 60's which showed Hughie Maxwell scoring for Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Forres Mechanics  v Dundee Scottish Cup 1964Forres Mechanics v Dundee Scottish Cup 1964Forres Mechanics v Dundee 1964

No surprise Dundee scored 6 goals as it seems like most of the Forres defence let their dads play instead.

Looks like more like Malcolm Macdonald, probably playing for Newcastle. Mind you, Airdrie were such a big draw in England at the time...:whistle

Had my doubts it was Airdrie. They did beat Manchester City and Huddersfield Town on the way to the Semi Final though.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Superb! When we were playing into the King Street End, we always stood beside the pillar to the left of the goal as you looked at the pitch.

You might not have been that far away from me!

Should have won the league that season...

4 hours ago, Eednud said:

Forres Mechanics  v Dundee Scottish Cup 1964

The ones on the left maybe did, it looks like they're standing in somebody's gairden.

On 09/09/2018 at 16:52, Flybhoy said:

Airdrie fans gather at a roundabout to make a 'rid haun' salute in the 1980's, and a match programme of theirs from a couple of years ago commemorating remembrance Sunday with a picture of Nazi soldiers on the front  :lol:

Airdrie, the town and club that time forgot. 

IMG_20180909_164834.jpg

IMG_20180909_164827.jpg

Can always rely on the fans who are ashamed of nothing but offended by everything.

IMG_20180918_233648.jpg

16 hours ago, Eednud said:

This is supposed to be Derby County v Airdrie so would be Texaco Cup SF 2nd leg from 71/72, Derby won 2-1 after 0-0 at Broomfield. 

Image result for montrose v dundee scottish cup 1972

26 April 1972
Texaco Cup Final | 2nd Leg

Baseball Ground, Derby
Official Attendance: 25,102

Derby County 2-1 Airdrieonians

5 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I don't believe that is Malcolm MacDonald / Newcastle United. To my limited search-engine-enabled knowledge, Newcastle did not wear socks like that.

It appears to be a change kit; the socks are definitely more like the type that Airdrieonians used.

Here are some more images from that day:

jO5SlY3.jpg

gOYlYfB.jpg

If you look centre-right of the second image, a mascot appears to be wearing an Airdrieonians kit.

Edited by Mon Dieu

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

You might not have been that far away from me!

Should have won the league that season...

That was a fantastic season. I was lucky enough to be at every match in the goalless run, including the last goal before it started at Paisley and Pat Stanton’s rocket that finished it at Easter Road.