A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

24 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Remember that day, Aberdeen's best performers were Bob Valentine for his red card shown to Roy Aitken for his first foul, and Packie Bonner with an assist for the Dons winner. 

f**k sake Magee it was 34 years ago.

Celtic were plucky challengers that day but ultimately lost the head and shat the bed.

11 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Thread needs more Celtic themed photies (imho)

Aye because every picture I post is of Celtic eh....?

Roughly 50% of what I post in this thread is non Celtic related, naturally being a fan im going to post quite a few about my own club too, this is actually a really good thread, my favourite on the forum as im a bit of a football nostalgia geek, others are free to post their own images to dilute or diversify the content if they wish.

21 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Thread needs more Celtic themed photies (imho)

Here's three coppers and a security guard watching a moment in some random Celtic match:

Image result for celtic motherwell scott mcdonald

Lennon, Balde and Varga the Celtic players, not sure about the other guy. Possibly early to mid 2000s?

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Roughly 50% of what I post in this thread is non Celtic related, naturally being a fan im going to post quite a few about my own club too, this is actually a really good thread, my favourite on the forum as im a bit of a football nostalgia geek, others are free to post their own images to dilute or diversify the content if they wish.

Have to back you up on this. 

In May 1972 Dundee played 1 game in New Zealand, defeating Auckland 7-0, then 6 in Australia defeating Victoria 4-2, Australia XI 2-1 (incl. 6 players who made the Australian 1974 WC squad with Jimmy Rooney ex Lochee United and Montrose and Jimmy MacKay ex Bonnyrigg Rose and Airdrie . Bobby Hogg ex Hibs, Motherwell & Stenhousemuir played in this game but didn't make it to West Germany but goalkeeper Jack Reilly ex Hibs made it) . ACT 9-1, Queensland 9-0. Northern Rivers 16-1 and NSW 6-1. Jocky Scott scored 15 goals incl. 5 in the 16-1 win in Lismore and John Duncan 12, 4 of them in NZ. This is a poor photograph and slightly better report from the Canberra Times of the 9-1 win over ACT.

Aussie%2Bprog.jpg&key=bd7ba1c083a4b50b162d30a262c6e8bce1cbeb908a755e8886273d636fb410a7

IMG_0575.thumb.PNG.7d7f4010f2b89916271e0ac09a7b0c68.PNG

IMG_0574.thumb.PNG.16f70d07829fcbd5b76fc341f559570f.PNG

12 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

That means 50% is Celtic stuff and you post loads so work it out.

You know my feeling about it and a few others have mentioned it before too. We read this thread as we like old pics, even some featuring Celtic, but you really need to take the green tints off and appreciate how many don't in such volume.  Suss out the difference between a pic being only of interest to a Celtic fan and one of general interest. Also, posting eg 4 pics of Celtic v Rangers,  3 v Aberdeen, 2 v Hibs and 1 each v Clyde, Hamilton and Dundee may be spreading it around in your eyes but to loads of others it's only yet another 12 pics of Celtic.

There's also another angle you'll never appreciate. Given the utter media domination of the OF, the vast majority of times you see a picture of a diddy team in a game it's against the bigots so chances are posting a pic of a diddy will have an unavoidable OF element too.  

I genuinely don't think you are deliberately spamming the thread with the contents of your scrapbooks and don't doubt your love of old pics. I just think you're unintentionally being myopic and thoughtless. I would ask that you apply some internal filters and realise that just because a Celtic pic's of interest to you it's not of interest to everyone else.  :thumsup2

In May 1972 Dundee played 1 game in New Zealand, defeating Auckland 7-0, then 6 in Australia defeating Victoria 4-2, Australia XI 2-1 (incl. 6 players who made the Australian 1974 WC squad with Jimmy Rooney ex Lochee United and Montrose and Jimmy MacKay ex Bonnyrigg Rose and Airdrie . Bobby Hogg ex Hibs, Motherwell & Stenhousemuir played in this game but didn't make it to West Germany but goalkeeper Jack Reilly ex Hibs made it) . ACT 9-1, Queensland 9-0. Northern Rivers 16-1 and NSW 6-1. Jocky Scott scored 15 goals incl. 5 in the 61-1 win in Lismore and John Duncan 12, 4 of them in NZ. This is a poor photograph and slightly better report from the Canberra Times.

Who scored the other 56?

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Duncan Shearer playing for ICT against Partick in 98-99.

1046534. Duncan Shearer in action for Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Is this the guy who played for Swindon then got nicked by Kenny Dalglish (Blackburn) just before they went up into the top division?  Whatever it was called at the time.