A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Jubilant Inverness players after beating an atrocious Celtic in 2000.  One of the players, Richard Hastings, would immediately head back over here and help Canada win the North American Gold Cup, Hastings scoring the golden goal against heavy favourites Mexico in the quarter final

nintchdbpict000001609430.jpg?strip=all&w

The other Scottish based players in Canada's 2000 Gold Cup winning squad

Paul Fenwick, who was with Morton at the time

Morton+v+Celtic+1999+I.jpg

Davide Xausa, Hasting's teammate at Inverness CT

davide-xausa-inverness-caledonian-thistl

Backup goalie Pat Onstad, who was also backup goalie at Dundee United at the time.  He would later have a good second wind to his career in MLS, winning MLS goalkeeper of the year in both 2003 and 2005

_937446_patonstad150.jpg

That's Derek Anderson, not Paul Fenwick in the picture with Mark Viduka.

Fenwick was actually forced out of Morton as a result of his Gold Cup success, as it was during Hugh Scott's regain of terror. Scott wasn't happy that his player was going on international duty and missing our games, and having the temerity to stay at the tournament longer and win the thing was the straw that broke the camel's back for him. It really should've been something that we should've congratulated and milked for what it was worth. No other Morton player will ever win a major international tournament whilst at the club so it was something to be proud of. Fenwick went on to play for Hibs.

What a bellend Hugh Scott was.

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

I thought it didn't look quite right but the photo caption said it was him and the hairstyle is correct.

Here is certifiably De Vos

lilleyvhunsdecember2k.jpg

JL always had a skinhead too, and was darker skinned than JdV.

Not convinced about your second one either! :lol: I think that's Alex Mathie!

58 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aye tremendous. It was very common for photos to be retouched back then but fair enough.

Was surprised at a normally good poster like yourself tbh. Was just another of my little tongue in cheek protests against McGhee's spamming of the thread. Was a good pic of Henry in action but spoiled a little by not being able to remove the opposition player completely given the circumstances so action was needed. :cheers

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Was surprised at a normally good poster like yourself tbh. Was just another of my little tongue in cheek protests against McGhee's spamming of the thread. Was a good pic of Henry in action but spoiled a little by not being able to remove the opposition player completely given the circumstances so action was needed. :cheers

I’m obviously being whooshed here but why did you leave the hoops in? I knew it was Jim Craig right away because of that.

Maybe magee has an uncle somewhere wi a different team’s pics than his da? Could be decent.

31 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I’m obviously being whooshed here but why did you leave the hoops in? I knew it was Jim Craig right away because of that.

Maybe magee has an uncle somewhere wi a different team’s pics than his da? Could be decent.

Yes, you are.

13 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I'm fairly certain that's Danny Griffin.

It's definitely not Danny. Looks like Jim Hamilton.