A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 29/07/2018 at 16:39, tree house tam said:

"Quite simply the best game of football we've seen in a very very long time" Dougie Donnelly, in the opening season of McDiarmid Park(I think).

Bit emotional Tam, I end up watching that video every few months, and I've still never watched a re-run of our cup final yet bizarrely enough.

Just that era when it was all new, first season at McDiarmid and we averaged 6000 in the second tier.  The atmosphere and home and away matches was phenomenal.  That season was also probably the most exciting attacking football I've seen any Saints side play.

And it was always sunny as well!

Anytime I hear Insanity by Guru Josh I'm reminded of this epic day.

Guest JTS98
5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

A couple of young 'uns back in the day at Montrose,  trying the kind of sneaky behaviour that would often see Oor Wullie, Soapy Soutter and co chased off PC Murdoch. 

FB_IMG_1533667982844.jpg

<Insert "Come on, boys. Get back in!" Gag Here>

Edited by JTS98

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Bit emotional Tam, I end up watching that video every few months, and I've still never watched a re-run of our cup final yet bizarrely enough.

Just that era when it was all new, first season at McDiarmid and we averaged 6000 in the second tier.  The atmosphere and home and away matches was phenomenal.  That season was also probably the most exciting attacking football I've seen any Saints side play.

And it was always sunny as well!

Anytime I hear Insanity by Guru Josh I'm reminded of this epic day.

It's still the best game I've ever witnessed.  So much riding on it and it eventually worked out in saints favour.

The whole day was great, the weather, smashing section b, capacity crowd, in fact it was over capacity as they sold some tickets for season ticket seats, I had one and had to sit up the back. Very attacking and exciting team at that time with Maskrey and Moore on the wings and big Roddy in the middle. Enjoyed the football back then.

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

and I've still never watched a re-run of our cup final yet bizarrely enough.

Watch it,  the 2nd goal is all kinds of funny. 

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Of course yes.  Am I getting my guru josh single mixed up with my Peter Andre one?!!

Probably ("take me into") Insanity' by Oceanic, I think it was. Same era.

Add in TTF and Altern-8 and I think I have exhausted by 1990s rave knowledge.