A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

Peter Lorimer of Leeds Utd & Scotland,  at the 1975 European Cup final in Paris where they controversially lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich,  he had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside at 0-0 & Leeds were denied a stonewall penalty not long after, in typical English style back then the supporters reacted by rioting with the police. 

IMG_20180716_211852.jpg

8 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Peter Lorimer of Leeds Utd & Scotland,  at the 1975 European Cup final in Paris where they controversially lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich,  he had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside at 0-0 & Leeds were denied a stonewall penalty not long after, in typical English style back then the supporters reacted by rioting with the police. 

IMG_20180716_211852.jpg

My old Dad was best of pals with his older brother, Joe.

I thought  you should all know that.

On 01/07/2018 at 17:11, Munoz said:

Third Lanarks ground at Cathkin Park today...

IMG-20180701-WA0011.jpg

FWIW, there's a good documentary on BBC iPlayer just now (subtitled Alba programme) about the history / death of Third Lanark in which you get to see plenty of Cathkin Park on film.  Worth a watch.

Available for 19 more days.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09qc907/third-lanark

FWIW, there's a good documentary on BBC iPlayer just now (subtitled Alba programme) about the history / death of Third Lanark in which you get to see plenty of Cathkin Park on film.  Worth a watch.
Available for 19 more days.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09qc907/third-lanark
thanks ill give that a watch tonight. sounds interesting

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I watched when it was on. Yeah I thought it was very good . Such a shame to hear about their demise,  especially when it could have probably been avoided. 

16 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

(from aforementioned programme)

Third Lanark beat Celtic 3-0 in the 1889 Scottish Cup final at Hampden, but result declared null and void because of snow:

Thirds.JPG.eb7a8091506bfdc9c7380d02b97953e7.JPG

Happy ending:  Thirds win the replay 2-1

same old celtic- never defeated, always sleeted! :lol:

Guest Flash
15 hours ago, Eednud said:

Allan Ball, Queen of the South goalkeeper and club record appearance holder who passed away at the weekend. No idea what the award is or who else is in the picture.

http://www.qosfc.com/images/Allan%20Ball%20600.jpg

Think it could be from April 1977 at Douglas Park where Hamilton presented him with a silver salver to mark his 650th appearance for the club. Others in the picture are (l to r) Ian McChesney, Tam Bryce (maybe), Ian Reid, Peter Dickson and Crawford Boyd. Don’t know who is making the presentation.

20 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Does he have a stand or anything like that named after him at Celtic Park? 

Nope, many have called for the North Stand, the first part of the CP rebuild, to be named after him, can see it happening one day, Fergus always strikes me as not keen on fuss and gestures such as these so it could be done posthumously in years to come I suspect. 

Edited by Flybhoy

Tony Mowbray receives a red card at Brockville in 1992 as Gary Gillespie and Tom Boyd look on, a quite stunning game that Celtic won 5-4 against Jim Jefferies' Falkirk side.

FB_IMG_1532343776667.jpg

Edited by Flybhoy

Most disgusting refereeing I've ever seen. Falkirk winning clearly v 10 men. Peter Grant has lost the plot and committed about three second yellow card offences. Ref trots over to the Celtic bench and suggests they substitute him. He then proceeds to give Forbes Johnstone a straight red card for the most innocuous of challenges. Lo and behold an injury time winner and all's well with the world.

c***s absolute c***s one and all.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Most disgusting refereeing I've ever seen. Falkirk winning clearly v 10 men. Peter Grant has lost the plot and committed about three second yellow card offences. Ref trots over to the Celtic bench and suggests they substitute him. He then proceeds to give Forbes Johnstone a straight red card for the most innocuous of challenges. Lo and behold an injury time winner and all's well with the world.

Ah but everyone has it in for them, they are always picked on by referees in Scotland.