A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

40 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Umbro prototype Scotland shirt for the 1978 World Cup. Different: Collar, WC badge text and arm logos.

image.png

That's interesting.

In the end, all they did to the pre-tournament strip was put a band mentioning the World Cup, round the badge.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's interesting.

In the end, all they did to the pre-tournament strip was put a band mentioning the World Cup, round the badge.

It's just as well that's the route they chose. The collar on the prototype is like something Harry Hill would wear.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:45, tamthebam said:

That photo must be pre-1934. 

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:05, RandomGuy. said:

Records show they play on March 11th 1929. No other March date comes as close to the poster as that, so assume it's an error on the records part. 

That's strange "A" & "B" leagues came in after the second world war.

ETA: as explained by the post at the top of page 42...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Jumped in too quick (as per).

11 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Is that John Wark just off centre in the orange vest and scarf?

Must have been the Ipswich Town day oot - fairly certain that's Alan Brazil to the right of picture...  Must have heard the bell for last orders.

On 31/01/2018 at 14:09, Nowhereman said:

126 best football stadiums images on Pinterest | Football ...

The smallest main stand in Scottish senior football, capacity 80

On 31/01/2018 at 14:49, Glenconner said:

Thanks, just can't remember the add on building to the left of the stand in your picture.

On 31/01/2018 at 15:22, Nowhereman said:

That was our social club, basically a portacabin

The add-on building to the left of the pavilion isn't the social club, which was further to the left and separate. It is the old press box, at least the 3 or 4 windows on the right hand side are. I used to watch games in the '60s and early 70's from inside the bit on the extreme left. I think the gate receipts or maybe half-time draw money was counted in there. The building was accessed by a flight of stone steps at the back. The view wasn't fanatastic as the wee windows were always filthy! I remember people like Archie Ayre, John Waters and Tommy Hughes being around and about.

Edited by lionel wickson
Spelling

23 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

That look when you've got the Scottish cup final at 3pm and karaoke down the Waterloo at 7pm.

16 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

The add-on building to the left of the pavilion isn't the social club, which was further to the left and separate. It is the old press box, at least the 3 or 4 windows on the right hand side are. I used to watch games in the '60s and early 70's from inside the bit on the extreme left. I think the gate receipts or maybe half-time draw money was counted in there. The building was accessed by a flight of stone steps at the back. The view wasn't fanatastic as the wee windows were always filthy! I remember people like Archie Ayre, John Waters and Tommy Hughes being around and about.

So it is. Was it in there that you had to take your Sonspool money each week to get a seat on the bus for the next away game?

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:52, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Could you imagine in any other country where not only the 2 clubs involved in that incident ( and they were notorious for that kind of thing for generations) were forbidden for nearly 40 years to enjoy a drink at the match....but every other club was punished in that way as well ?

And we continue to put up with it to this day !!